7: Where Two Million Years Have Gone

"My name is Kohaku. It seems I've taken quite a liking to you."

The moment those words left her lips, you found yourself freezing up with (e/c) eyes as wide as saucers and you swore your heart stopped beating for a bit as your entire world screeched to a halt.

This was the first time you heard someone of the opposite gender confessing to Senku who had never received a single love confession from any of the female students' body in both middle and high school back in the modern world as they were never interested. Hence, you never had to worry about having a competition fighting for the scientist's affections.

However, now that you did, you weren't quite sure how to respond to the possibility of having a love rival since having one never crossed your mind before thanks to Senku's view on romance.

A million thoughts began to flash through your mind at a hundred miles per hour, not lingering long enough for you to dwell on it before moving onto the next one. 'What do I do now? I know Senku isn't into romantic relationships, but what if he changes his mind since it's been 3,700 years? Also, this girl is way younger and prettier than me and what if she's his type??'

You bit your lips, feeling anxious over the insecurity and uncertainty taking roots in your heart the more your thoughts spiralled out of control. Just as when you were about to give yourself a panic attack from overthinking too much, Senku finally spoke up.

"I don't like what I just heard." Senku bluntly responded, red eyes narrowing in suspicion. "We just met, and she's already in love? In this state of emergency?"

In an instant, some of your doubts about whether Senku might be interested in the blonde faded. Although, you were still concerned at the possibility of Kohaku actually being in love with Senku and becoming your rival in love.

However, that was quickly shut down by said person who pointed a finger at the scientist after retying her hair, her brows furrowing in incredulity over his assumption which she was quick to correct. "I didn't say anything about that! I'm saying I like you as a person, so I'll cooperate with you!"

"Oh, I appreciate that, then," Senku answered, although there was still a hint of scepticism expressed on his face. "Nothing is as illogical or trouble-prone as relationships."

You let out a sigh of relief as the rest of your worries disappeared into thin air just like that, yet you couldn't deny the small voice of disappointment in the back of your mind that Senku's view towards romantic relationships was still the same even after 3,700 years.

Well, you would change his mind real soon, hopefully.

When both you and Senku managed to free Kohaku, the sun had already started to set and now, the first few signs of stars could be seen in the twilight sky and so, the trio decided to set up camp for the night.

It wasn't long before the sky turned completely dark as the moon took over the sun and along with its brethren of stars, watched over the earth as its occupants laid down to rest their weary souls.

The sounds of fire crackling and crickets singing their lullaby were soothing to your ears as you laid in your sleeping bag, yet you found yourself still wide awake and unable to sleep; (e/c) eyes staring up at space.

Apparently, you weren't the only one when you heard Senku's light breathing, indicating he was still very much awake as well. Feeling a bit restless from having laid in the same position for quite some time already, you shifted to lay on your side and wiggled around for a bit before letting out a small pleased sigh as you settled into your new comfortable spot.

As you were pulling your blanket higher up so that it was resting under your chin, you heard a grunt coming from Senku whose back was facing yours.