22: Wave of Science

The following day, everyone was up and about already despite stars still dotting the sky as Senku wanted to ensure that the minerals collected by the expedition group were actually tungsten. To do so, they had to be exposed to ultraviolet light which only becomes visible before sunrise.

Thus, this explained why the village was buzzing with activity even before the first ray of the morning sun made an appearance. While everyone waited for dawn to arrive, some of the villagers were having a go at Senku's birthday present.

"You can see so far away!" Suika shouted in delight as she spotted a pair of deer drinking from the river that was a distance away from the village when suddenly, she noticed the sky lightening. "The sun's gonna rise soon!"

"Don't look at the sun through the telescope," Senku warned the young blonde from outside the observatory.

Next to him, Kohaku glanced down at the basket filled with minerals and muttered, "If the stones you guys got are the right ones..."

Just as she said that said rocks started to glow blue and all of you exclaimed in awe at the sight of it.

"Wow, it's like a mountain of jewels," Ruri commented, sapphire-blue eyes reflecting the tungsten's glow which caused it to sparkle like its namesake.

"It's not like a mountain of jewels. It is a mountain of jewels," the scientist corrected her, his lips stretched into a wide grin as he chuckled in delight. "It's a treasure trove of super rare metals."

"Yay, we did it!" You cheered and exchanged high fives with a beaming Chrome. "Our hard work got paid off!"

Seated on a rock behind the rock was Magma who let out a snort, "Jewels, my ass. They're just slightly heavy rocks. After all that fuss..."

"We're going to win against Tsukasa-chan's army with these rocks," Gen piped up next to the disgruntled blonde.

"With these rocks? I see..." Kokuyo murmured, his brows furrowing in slight contemplation before understanding dawned upon him. Or rather, misunderstanding as he picked up a rock with menacing eyes and his lips twisted into a gleeful smirk, "With these gems! I can see them being heavy enough to really hurt."

You, Gen and Senku wore looks of disbelieved horror, wondering how on earth did the old man come to such absurd conclusion?!

Rui's voice was filled with exasperation as she corrected her father, "Father, I don't think that's what..."

However, she was interrupted by Kohaku who responded without batting an eyelid at the situation, "You can't blame him. Father is of an older generation."

"What?!" Said blonde exclaimed, feeling offended by his daughter's blunt words.

Sweat-dropping, the mentalist tried to change the topic as he pipped up, drawing everyone's attention towards him, "We're up against Tsukasa-chan's army. They're going to be seriously tough."

You nodded your head in agreement, smiling as you added, "Our plan is to make cell phones using these rocks and win the information war."

The others let out murmurs of understanding when Kohaku turned to the scientist with raised brows, asking, "But, Senku, how much longer is it going to take to make our cell phones?"

"She's right," Ginro jumped in and voiced his concern, his panic growing with each word. "Once spring comes, Tsukasa-kun's army is going to be rushing in."

Chuckling, the green-haired teen reassured everyone, "The goal's not that far away. To put it simply...The vacuum tube is the heart of the cell phone. Plastics make up its skeleton. The microphone is the vocal cord. The gold wire is the veins. With these four body parts, we can finish the cell phone."