3: King of The Stone World

"So, Senku, who are we reviving first?" Taiju questioned, looking serious for once.

"We're going to wake up everyone eventually. What does it matter who we start with?" Senku responded before deciding to add an afterthought. "Although it would suck if we woke up a murderer right off the bat."

"I really wish you won't joke about something like that, Senku." You shuddered at the thought of it, the eerie chuckles coming from the scientist wasn't helping either.

"I'm merely stating a possibility. Don't have to get so worked up over it." Senku shrugged as though he wasn't bothered despite the smirk on his face said otherwise.

You crossed your arms over your chest and glared at your green-haired friend for the unnecessary scare. The smug grin on his face just simply widened even more, unaffected by your pointed glower directed at him.

Meanwhile, Taiju contemplated his friend's words with a frown before accepting that he had a point and it was probably for the best if they approached this delicate issue with caution, although he didn't seem too happy about it. "I see."

Both of you noticed the other's downcast expression and exchanged glances with each other, knowing exactly who he had in mind to revive first.

Letting out a sigh, Senku rose to his feet, dusted his pants off and said in a bored tone. "I don't feel like choosing who we wake up. Do you, (Name)?"

"Nope!" You shook your head and smiled sheepishly, scratching lightly at your blushing cheeks. "Other than the two of you and Yuzuriha, I don't have anyone else in life. Besides, I grew up without knowing who my parents are, so it doesn't really matter to me who we choose to revive."

"That explains why you're always clinging onto me and I can never get rid of you, no matter how hard I try," Senku muttered at the revelation.

"Hey!" You cried out in indignation, slightly offended that the green-haired scientist thought of you this way. "I'm awesome to be around!"

As you sulked away in one corner, Senku's lips curled into a smirk and pointed at the taller male with a finger. "You heard both of us. So, Taiju, it's your choice."

Brown eyes widened in surprise, not expecting that at all but he quickly recovered and returned Senku's grin with a smile of his own. "Thanks, Senku, (Name). My answer is obvious."

The corners of your lips lifted into a fond smile, pleased to see your brown-haired friend back to his usual perky self. With that, the three of you grabbed the jar of revival fluid and made your way towards the camphor tree where it had protected Yuzuriha from Mother Nature all these years.

Time skipped

Soon, the trio of friends arrived at the tree and stared at the sight of their friend's stone body leaning against its thick trunk, covered in roots and stray leaves. Standing from across her was Senku with the jar of revival fluid, ready to bring back the first petrified human into this new stone world after 3,700 years.

"The time has finally come." Taiju glanced at the girl he had loved even after all these years, a rush of hope unfurling in his chest. Not able to contain his excitement anymore, he turned towards the scientist with glittering eyes and hands clenched in anticipation. "That water's going to undo the petrification and revive her, right?"

Looking at the jar in his hand, Senku replied with a small smile. "Yeah, it should."

"Yay!" You cheered, delighted at the prospects of not only getting a friend back but also seeing the fruits of everyone's year-long hard work.