20: Spartan Crafts Club

"Wh-What is this?" Kohaku asked, staring up at the new construction with wide eyes.

"It's a hydroelectric generator," Senku answered.

Pushing his glasses higher onto his nose, Kinro mumbled, "Hydroelectric?"

"Generator?" Ginro added, still struck awe by the massive structure that they had put together on such short notice.

"This is insane, Senku-chan," Gen sweat-dropped, unsure if he should be impressed or afraid of what the scientist was capable of.

You, on the other hand, was still reeling from a mix of shock and awe at what both Kaseki and Chrome built; unable to tear your gaze away from the waterwheel as you tried to process what the two had done.

Amused by everyone's reactions, Senku let out a small smirk as he gestured to the pair of masterminds, "Save your praise for Chrome and Grandpa Kaseki here. They built this huge-ass waterwheel."

In the background, said two exchanged another round of high-fives at the scientist's approval and you giggled fondly at that; knowing it was not easy to impress someone like Senku who knew everything and anything that nothing surprised him anymore.

The green-haired teen turned his attention to the two wires in his hands; the unconnected ends sparkling with live electricity and continued, "It's not done yet, though. All our precious electricity is still leaking away."

"What does that mean?" Kohaku blinked in curiosity.

Grinning, Senku began to explain, "We're building a box to store the electricity."

Ginro's eyes widened in wonder when he heard that and asked with interest, "We can store that spinning power?"

"Yeah, although, it'll be a bit of a pain to build," the scientist agreed as he glanced over to both Kaseki and Chrome who were seated back-to-back on the ground, their bodies slouched as the exhaustion from building the giant waterwheel with zero sleep for three days in a row finally crept upon them. "Get off your asses. We have a ton of high difficulty crafting to do before we get to our cell phones."

Hearing that, everyone's mouths dropped wide open in horror as dread descended upon them, especially when they looked back on all the hellish work that they had done for Senku and in the name of science.

Meanwhile, both you and Gen exchanged a look of exasperation with each other, letting out small, defeated sighs as the two of you accepted your fate. Chrome and Kaseki, who were too exhausted to utter their displeasure, could only

At the sight of everyone's dreadful faces, Senku's mouth curled into his trademark smirk as ruby-red eyes flashed with a manic glee like the mad scientist that he was, "It's the start of our Spartan crafts club. Damn, this is exhilarating."

Time skipped

"To make a box for storing electricity, a battery, all we need to do is dip two sheets of lead in our old two-faced goddess friend, sulfuric acid," Senku instructed as he oversaw the whole process while the rest of you were put to work.

"Ryu-san?" Gen blinked in confusion, glancing up from where he had been watching the scientist poured said chemical into the battery.

Giggling, you clarified, "Senku meant sulfuric acid."

"Ah, I see," The mentalist sweatdropped, unsure of how to respond to that.

Senku nodded his head in satisfaction at the finished product and smirked, "Send electricity into this, and it'll store power on its own. It's simpler than you'd think, huh?"