𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈.|𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟|

+ *✩

+ *✩. *˚ ⁺‧͙⁺ ˚ *.✩

|Word Count: 8,627|

...

     𝐆𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐧, 𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬𝐞. He wanted all his gear to be in top condition today since they were about to arrive at White Harbor. On the top deck he could hear the crew busy guiding the Fury towards the harbor. Beyond the noises on the ship, he could hear the many bells of the port city ringing, announcing King Stannis' arrival.

"A momentous day for sure." He muttered to himself as he sheathed his sword and stood up, slinging it across his back before adding the steel sword with it. He made sure to pull out the white wolf cloak as well, both because of the cooler air and the occasion involved. Leaving his cabin, Geralt could see the rest of his companions having finished preparing themselves for the day as everyone was gathering in the mess hall.

He quickly picked out Arya, Sansa and Barristan among the group, approaching them first. Barristan dressed in his usual mix of plain cloth and armor, preferring practicality over formal clothing. Then again the Witcher doubted the man had packed anything else even after his stay on Dragonstone.

Sansa had chosen a fine black and silver trim dress, fitting for the formal gathering that was to take place and in the mourning respect to her father. Arya also had a gown, which she shuffled slightly in annoyance, having become so used to her Witcher styled outfit and boys clothing. Her favored armor and Needle were bundled up in her arms, which she held closely to her chest.

"Doing alright you two?" Geralt asked the Stark sisters, both giving quick nods to him.

"I'm happy that I'll get to see Robb again, though I'm nervous to be meeting all the other Lords of the North as well." Sansa quietly answered. "I need to do my part to convince them that Stannis is a good man to ally with and ensure a better future for our kingdom."

"Even if one House can be swayed by your words would be considered beneficial to the cause Lady Sansa." Barristan assured her, making a small welcomed smile cross her lips.

"And what about you Arya? I know you don't like wearing a dress, but this is an important occasion." Geralt asked the younger Stark.

"I know and I promise I will behave." She quickly replied back. "Just...I heard the others talking about a...service being held for father later tonight. I heard they can't have it at the Godswood though."

"Why is that?"

"Because the only Godswood is within the Wolf's Den, an ancient fortress turned prison. While Eddard followed the Old Gods, a prison isn't a suitable place to mourn for him." Barristan explained. "I may not understand the beliefs of the Northerners, but I feel it is a shame."