𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. |𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐢𝐨𝐧|

。・

。・.・. ・゚゚・。.

|Word Count: 9,019|

𝐆𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡. The Witcher had to admit the young knight was fast even with all that armor on, making him note that Jaime wouldn't be as predictable when it came to his movement like Gregor. Reaching striking distance, Geralt at first seemed ready for a lunging stab, only it was a feint for his real opening attack. Suddenly he'd twist about redirecting his momentum as he'd step around to the right side of Jaime to bypass his strong shield.

Normally such a deception would catch most opponents off-guard considering the speed behind the attack. Seemingly, Jaime reacted as he'd too turn with his shield up to block that incoming slash while swinging his own sword as well. Once more Geralt was caught off guard by Jaime's speed, as he'd barely had enough time to lean away from that sweeping blade. Jaime didn't relent though as he followed up with a shield blow, the strong metal bashing across Witcher's chest and shoving him backward roughly.

Despite the blow Geralt kept his footing and shifted away to catch his breath, while Jaime stayed back, guard up for any sudden counters. For a moment the two just had a staredown, those few seconds of battle already having them strategizing over their next moves. In the background though, yells and cheers from the crowds filled the air after seeing that lightening-quick clash.

Slowly both men circled about, closely watching each other's stance and weapons positions, trying to figure out what move the other would do next. Geralt right then knew Jaime had planned well for this battle. For one, that shield was the biggest threat toward him, since unlike the ones the other knights had used, this one was doubly reinforced. He doubted his blade could break through all that plating and toughened wood behind it.

Suddenly Jaime charged forward, shield forward in a charge before turning at Geralt's right side. The Witcher was on the move, trying to keep some distance from that shield yet Jaime's blade slowed him down. For a while the two began to trade blows, backpedaling and lunging for the attack, directions shifting constantly to gain a more favorable position. Every so often they'd trade glancing blows. A nicked cut at an exposed angle, an armored punch or for the Witcher's annoyance a forceful strike by that shield. Neither was gaining an edge, though as time passed Geralt started to realize Jaime was getting his movement pattern down, reacting faster and avoiding any other feints. Already he knew his usual approach wasn't going to work at this rate.

The two rushed in at the same time, blades locking to stop each other while that shield swung in for Geralt's face. His left armored arm raised up, the toughened bracer blocking the blow even if the force made him grunt in pain. It took all of his arm strength just to keep that shield and sword back. The Witcher would suddenly strike out though with his right knee the steeled plating on his leggings drawing a winded grunt from Jaime and forcing the knight back. He was stunned for only a moment, giving Geralt time to back off and catch his breath.