𝐗𝐈. |𝐈𝐧𝐧 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐬|

。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚☆

|Word Count: 9,404|

    "𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐆𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐭? You keep looking out at the swamps as if worried about something." Bronn suddenly spoke up, snapping the Witcher's attention to him.

"Old habit. Regions like this weren't that safe to travel back home." He explained. "Course there was war and banditry all about."

"Eh, give anything for a little conflict." The sellsword muttered with a small smirk.

Geralt simply shrugged as the group continued on, leaving the murky swamplands for the more lush forest. Leaving the thick line of trees, the party of travelers soon saw their destination just down the short slope of a hill. The Witcher truly realized just how big the royal convoy was as it spread across the area, taking every open space up and surrounding the large cozy tavern which was bustling with attention. Music and laughter could be heard, showing that a small party of playing out among the convoy.

"Seems we arrived just in time! Seems they just arrived yesterday by my guess." Tyrion chuckled as he'd led the group forward.

"Wait...we're just going to stroll right into the King's private camp?" Bronn asked with a small chuckle.

"Why not? I'm family after all and I doubt anyone will bother you."

Riding into the main camping grounds of the caravan, they'd be greeted up pages who were quick to help the riders dismount and tend to the tired horses. Geralt thanked the page, yet was quick to look around the area, trying to find Ned in the mixed crowd of servants and nobility. "Best I go find Lord Eddard. I take you'll be fine on your own Tyrion?"

"Of course. No need to worry about me." The dwarf said with a small smirk. "Come along Bronn, time we get a proper drink. Heard this place offers a fine selection!" The Lannister and sellsword were off to the tavern while Yoren would walk up to quickly speak with the Witcher.

"As much as I'd like to meet Lord Stark...I think I need a good bed and sleep first." Indeed the Night's Watch recruit looked exhausted after the week and half of riding.

"Go ahead. I'll be sure to tell him to see you later."

Yoren nodded thankfully before he'd head off for the tavern building as well, leaving the Witcher to himself now. Geralt began to roam the main campgrounds, sharp eyes trying to find any of the Stark daughters or their father. However, as he moved along, a smooth female voice spoke up to him, making him glance about to see it was Cersei. The beautiful woman was dressed in a fine red summer gown, the outfit showing off her fine figure and matching well with her golden long hair. She was flanked by two King's Guard, the men standing attentively as she approached the Witcher.

"Well, Sir Geralt. Quite the surprise to see you here." The queen said in a coy manner. "I take you had an interesting and safe journey up to the Wall and southward?"