𝐗𝐗𝐗.|𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐲 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐬 & 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬|

°

. °.· * .• ˚ °.✵ ˚ : ·* ✶   : ·  .

|Word Count: 8,438|

𝘎𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘵: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘶𝘳𝘺, 𝘌𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘪𝘵𝘦
𝘓𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨

...

    𝐆𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐧, 𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐝-𝐮𝐩 𝐦𝐚𝐩 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐤. Davos stood beside his King, whispering to him over everything the Witcher had shared. After the attack by Euron's pirates, he had only a few hours of rest before being requested to speak to Stannis over the nature of his 'powers'. Much like how he had told Lord Eddard and his companions, he was detailed and blunt about how his Signs worked, even demonstrating Igni to control the candle flames in the room. As usual Stannis was difficult to read, the man able to keep that stern composure even when seeing magic before him. Perhaps witnessing the more flashy power had him more prepared for the full reveal.

"As usual Geralt...you're a man of continuous surprises." Stannis muttered, sighing as he interlocked both hands in thought. "I feel I shouldn't be surprised though because of all the rumors that have been going around and the claims of witchcraft on your bounty."

"So the question is will it be an issue for you?"

Stannis smirked slightly. "You know I'm not a superstitious man Geralt, I'm not fearful of the unknown like so many others. Besides, you are on our side and will no doubt be invaluable as the war goes on."

Geralt didn't remark about the King's remark about being involved in the civil war. In fact even he wasn't sure what role he'd play until the meeting between Stannis and Robb were finished. "So no more questions then?"

"None for now...though I can tell you have your own questions to ask."

The Witcher nodded. "Its about last night's attack, mainly this Greyjoy we evaded. Is there a chance he may become a risk towards us in the future?"

"A fair question which I feel best suited to explain." Davos said, Stannis nodding in agreement. "Focusing on the Iron Isles...he isn't exactly welcomed there. While a master planner and captain during the Greyjoy Rebellion his dark and depraved habits is what got him exiled. I don't know the details of his crimes, only that it is relates to one of his brothers."

"So then the Lannisters, would they try to ally with him."

"That is tricky to say. He was key in planning the destruction of their fleet during the Greyjoy rebellion, at least from what I heard. Considering though the Lannisters lack a real fleet, they could be desperate enough to bargain for his aid."