𝐈𝐕. |𝐀𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬 - 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟑|

・゜゜・

.・゜゜・.

|Word Count: 6,271|

    𝐍𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐄𝐝𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤, 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐢𝐫𝐢. The Witcher had split his time between reading what he could at the Library Tower yet also taking part at the sparring ring more often. More often he'd train the recruits on the basics of sword fighting or spar with one of the more experienced men who wanted to test himself. So far, no one had been able to get so much as a light blow against him. Theon had even asked for a rematch which he politely refused despite the Iron Islander's bluster. Yet today was special since it was time to meet with Jon Snow and follow up on his promise to do some training with young man.

It was another clear and sunny day in Winterfell as Geralt walked outside into the yard. Today the soldiers weren't training since recently Eddard had asked for them to go out to patrol the roads of the North along with spread a message to look for a silver haired woman with a scar across her face. Geralt hadn't expected such action from the Northern lord, yet it was a good gesture of faith in the end. Putting those thoughts aside, his attention focused on Jon who was busy practicing against a one of the training dummies. For a moment Geralt stood back to watch Jon, the young man having good foot work with the way he moved and attacked. He favored a strong two hand style yet knew when to swing with one hand. If anything the almost fought like a Witcher, just lacking the spins and twisting moves that Geralt often used.

"Not too bad...yet real foes don't just stand still and take hits." Geralt spoke up, getting Jon's attention.

The Stark bastard chuckled, brushing his black curly hair back as he'd turn to face the Witcher. "True enough. Still, never hurts to test the basics right?" Jon countered back.

Geralt shrugged as he'd move over to the nearby weapon rack, picking out a fitting practice sword for himself. "That's what I've been doing every sparring day so far." The Witcher calmly stated as he'd face Jon again who paced towards the sparring ring.

"Really now? You're telling me your holding back against everyone you've fought here?" Jon questioned, chuckling in disbelieve at the claim.

Geralt kept that calm look, yet a small smirk did hint his lips. "Considering the people and creatures I've fought...yes. If I was serious they'd have more than cracked bones and bruises." Shifting his stance, he'd grasp his sword with both hands as he stared right at Jon with his piercing yellow eyes. "So are we going to chat or begin?"