𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. |𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤|

。・゚゚・

。・゚゚・. :・゚゚・。

|Word Count: 8,264|

    𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠. Geralt and Luwin had worked tirelessly to figure out how to revive the boy yet the Witcher knew that was up to time and luck. Catelyn continued to care for the boy, feeding and cleaning him as he slept in bed. If anything the woman hardly slept or ate anything during her vigil.

Geralt kept to himself, although it seemed everyone was keeping to themselves at the same time. Jon seemed set on going to the Wall as the young man was busy getting supplies set and often chatting with Tyrion. The two worked well together with Tyrion giving insightful advice to Jon while the young man shared tales of training with The Witcher. At the same time, Geralt also prepared for travel as he stored his own supplies and gear for the trip northward for the Wall.

Soon news went about that Eddard had reluctantly agreed to become the new Hand of the King. His wife was angered by the news, yet did not try to fight him in leaving. Geralt guessed with the new position, Ned would have been able to look into Cersei's and the Lannister's dealings along with investigating the mysterious death of Jon Arryn as well. Yet going to King's landing would no doubt put Ned and his two daughters at risk being around so many supports of the Lannister family. For now, he only hoped Ned make preparations for the two to be watched and guarded when they arrived there.

Then on the night before the royal caravan planned to leave, Geralt would approach Tyrion as the dwarf was leaving the Great Hall after a short dinner with his family. The dwarf noticed the Witcher, giving a friendly smile and wave while Geralt nodded back. "You've been quiet of late. I take Bran's fall has been troubling for you." The Lannister remarked.

"It has. Was tutoring Bran in archery and sword fighting. Now the boy may never walk again considering his injury." Geralt answered back. "Still he's a tough one like his family. I'm certain he will wake up and find a way in life despite it all."

Tyrion nodded, a thoughtful look in his eyes. "It is a shame Lord Eddard has to leave him as well to serve in the capital. Personally, I'd curse the King for telling me to go."

Geralt chuckled at that quite defiant remark. "You are the rebellious type that's for sure...though I'd probably do the same really."

Both of them laughed for a moment before Tyrion spoke up again. "Although I take you didn't come out here to simply joke about nobility?"

"Got me there. Decided I'll be tagging along for that trip to the Wall and Castle Black." The Witcher answered back. "Feel I need some time away from...well...here. Been cooped up in Winterfell for too long."