But I Like Her! (Luffy)

Requested By: darkwolfy57

I hope you will enjoy this one!

=====

Somewhere in the new world, in the Thousand Sunny...

[Y/N's P.O.V.]

The memories of Usopp and I joining the crew, despite it happening 2 years ago, are still fresh in my mind. I can still distinctly remember when my twin brother and I happen to meet three strangers that had set foot on our tiny, humble village. I could still picture Usopp trying to scare them away by lying through gritted teeth, although such tricks did not work on them. Still, I was filled with joy when my twin brother and I became friends with them. I have never felt such freedom in my life and joining the crew gave me the most liberating feeling ever. For that, I was thankful to our captain, Monkey D. Luffy, for taking us in as his crew members.

Our crew has been through so much. There was even an instance where Usopp temporarily left because of the clashing decisions between him and Luffy. I had tried so hard to make him stay because I could not bear to see Usopp leave us and potentially not be able to achieve his dream. It was heartbreaking to see him walk away, but it was also heartbreaking to see our captain cry. Luffy had always been this cheerful, goofy, and somewhat of an idiot type of person. To see someone so cheerful letting their tears flow freely along their cheeks was a sight that could crush my heart slowly into despair and misery. After seeing such visage, I had made a vow to myself that I am going to keep the smile on my captain's face, even if it is for the smallest reasons.

Who knew that this would bring us closer?

=====

Right after visiting yet another island, we started to sail through the seas again. Nami, ever the amazing cartographer, drew the island as a stepping stone to fully reach her dream, and that was to draw a map of the entire world. I stood beside her left and observed at her amazing cartography skills. As she continued on her work, I could only gaze at the amazing sight with my mouth agape. I was intensely impressed with her skills, somewhat slightly jealous of how she easily drew the map of the island. I hummed in delight as Nami finished her work, my hands finding itself to clap on its own.

"That was amazing! I never get tired of seeing you do your thing, Nami. That was quite a show!" I showered the navigator with genuine compliments, making her sheepishly smile at the words that escaped my lips. With a wink, she sent her reply, "Of course! Without me, chances of you guys dying are pretty high."

I let out a soft laughter after hearing her remark. Placing my right hand on my hip, my lips curved into a slight smirk as I eyed the female before me whose hair reminded me of her favorite tangerines. "That was quite brutal, Nami. You're going to break our hearts."

After hearing my added comment, she let out a cheeky giggle and stuck her tongue out. I returned the gesture and we both giggled at our antics. We both gave each other high-fives and she proceeded to march towards the door of the room we were in. Looking back to meet my gaze once more, she said, "I'm going to head out first. I'll be checking the sea and the weather to ensure a smooth sailing. Are you going to stay here for a while?"

I nodded at the navigator and she went out of the room to leave me be. I let out a contented sigh and proceeded to stretch my arms to release some tension on my muscles that had been slowly building up. After doing so, I scanned the room to see if there was something that would encourage me to do something. Sadly, none of the items that resided in the room sparked my interest. With a shrug, I decided that I would have to leave the room and scan elsewhere.