The Greatest Madman (Y! Mihawk)

Looky here! We have our first ever Yandere request! The request was made by Aceswife so I hope that you will enjoy this! I am a big fan of Mihawk, so this was an interesting thing to write about. Enjoy everyone!

It may not be a happy ending for you.

=====

[Y/N's P.O.V.]

That day—I could never forget that day. I could never forget the arm that draped over a woman's voluptuous body as he stared at me, eyes unmoving; eyes nonchalant. I could still feel the salty waters that trailed down my cheeks, the scream that burned my lungs, and the sting on my palm as I struck him. Everything around me seemed to blur as I dashed through the halls of the castle, making my way towards our shared room as my hands work quickly to gather my things. The bile had slowly made its way up my throat and I had to gather all the strength that I had left to deny it from ever exiting my lips.

I could still feel the tight grip on my shoulder as he tries to make me stay. But in that moment, I was stronger, fueled by the betrayal that wormed its way into my heart. I had shrugged off his iron grip on me as I turned to glare at him; the pupils in my eyes shaking as well as my hands that curled into fists. I had given him everything I had in me: my love, my trust, my body, my soul. And what does he do with it? Crush it beneath his feet like a helpless, tiny bug that was unfortunate to have stumbled upon such cruel creature.

Whatever words he tried to say that day merely passed through my ears. That horrible scene of his infidelity had closed all the doors in my heart as I walked away from the castle, away from everything, away from him. He had the nerve to fool around behind my back, so clearly he is no longer interested in me. So why?

Why is he still after me?

=====

It had been about a year and three months since I had moved out of Kuraigana Island, finally being able to return to the tiny island where I had been given a chance to exist. The people in my village were surprised to see me return, having witnessed the excitement that had glimmered in my eyes as the greatest swordsman cordially asked me to live with him in his humble abode when we were together. They had showed support on our relationship back then, wishing good blessings upon each of us as our relationship ventured into the next chapter. Sadly, those good blessings were laid to waste when he tainted our relationship with lies and betrayal.

They were aghast at the sight of my swollen eyes as the shine in my iris lost its glimmer. I had aimlessly trudged across the grassy path of our island as murmurs of concern echoed throughout. As my steps slowed to a stop, my knees buckled as my ears caught the sounds of shouting from the villagers. Everything around me was then drowned by my heartbroken wails as I clutched onto a female villager who had approached me with worry dancing within her orbs. She slowly put her arms around me; her fingers gently caressing my back as she whispers words of comfort that had soothed my aching heart.

I had told them the reason for my departure and everyone in the village collectively did their best to console me as they assured me that they will stand beside me as I march through the path of healing, ensuring me that I will not be alone in this journey.

The ache in my heart still lingers, but with their guidance, I was able to look forward to tomorrow without having to worry about having to see something that would break my already broken heart.

I was fortunate and grateful for having a community that I could turn to. If it weren't for them, the world around me would seem bigger and I would feel nothing more than a tiny, insignificant being who is stranded in the vastness of the earth, shivering in despair.