Prologue - {Pain}

Andre awoke with a smothered scream as pain laced its way through his system, almost taking away his ability to breathe. This had gone on for hours now and he knew it would just continue until he passed out yet again.

He was exhausted and craved sleep like one would crave a cigarette after hearing your man was off with someone else while you lay in the hospital stuck in a coma. 

Oh wait, that actually happened. Pft!

His hand reached down for the seventh time that night and pressed the assistance button, his breathing becoming choppy and wheezy with each intake of precious unattainable air, his body throbbing with the forced action, his mind resigned to the fact that the nurses were deliberately ignoring him.

Again.

Why couldn't they just inject him with poison and put him out of his frikkin misery already? It was quite perfectly plain to see that they despised his very existence and wished a giant hole would just open up beneath his bed and swallow him whole, never to be seen again.

He'd tried so hard to get them to like him. He was never rude and always thanked them for their care of him even though it only extended to bringing him slop that not even a pig would eat and changing the sheets whenever he would go all over them.

Or whenever the boss was doing his rounds which was limited to twice a week. Twice a week? Why couldn't that man take a little more interest in the goings on of his own hospital? He knew nothing of what went on here. Nothing!

It was almost like he didn't really care about anyone here as long as he was raking in the money from the ill and dying.

And here he was laying here all in pain and heaving up air like a fish out of water and being treated like the filthiest of animals while said man was probably enjoying a bottle of Hypnotiq or something while counting fat stacks of money.

He ran a weak hand through his tousled dirty hair and sighed at how gross and oily it felt. They never even lent a hand with more important things like helping him to the bathroom so he could bathe.

The stench coming off his body was enough to make even a skunk run away. And that was saying a lot in terms of how bad the smell really was. He sometimes wondered how even he hadn't yet fainted due to the odor. Meh, he was probably immune to it by this point.

He sighed again and weakly kicked the sheets off his overly warm body in frustration. He felt sticky and dirty and if he could actually summon the strength to rise from his bed, he would probably take a week long shower to make up for the ones he'd already missed.

How many times must he go on himself before they got tired of changing the sheets? How many times must he cry his eyes dry on a daily basis? How many times must he press the damn button before they gave up trying to ignore him and actually came over to see what was wrong?

He pressed the button again, tears falling down his face. The pain by now had become almost unbearable and he didn't know how much longer he could wheeze in air without his oxygen mask before he passed out. Probably for good this time.

He put his finger to the button again and kept it glued there. He would ring the blasted thing until their ears bled and their heads ached like mad if that was what it took to get them in here. He needed his mask for mercy's sake!

A woman's loud annoyed booming voice came over the small intercom above his bed. "Would you stop making all that racket and just die already?" she yelled. "You know I ain't going over there, so tough cookies if you need something. Ain't nobody wanna catch your gay cancer germs, honey. Go back to sleep."

He gasped and put a hand to his heart at the insult hurled at him. It was almost always the answer he got to his summons on a daily basis. He never really expected anything else but with the way he felt right now, he thought to take a chance it would bear better results.

When would he ever fuking learn?

"Please...h-help me." he rasped out, his voice gravelly and pathetically reedy. "Can't...br-breathe...need my m-mask. In...pain. Please! I beg of...you."

He slowly reached his hand up toward the tiny voice box as if in a plea for help, knowing she couldn't see him but hoping beyond hope that she could somehow feel his desperation.

"You shoulda thought about that before you incurred the wrath of my jesus, you gay heathen!" she nearly screeched, the high pitched banshee quality of it, making him cringe as his ears rung. "Repent and maybe he will grant you salvation cuz, you sure as heck ain't getting salvation from me, bub."

A fresh onslaught of tears overcame him at that, the rivulets so big he could quite possibly drown in them if they kept up such a heavy torrent. But wouldn't that finally put him out of his misery? Wouldn't that end the pain in both his body and his heart?

"F-fine." he gasped out, an anger building up from deep within him. "Let...me die. I want...nothing m-more than-." He stopped with a hand to his erratic heart. "To f-finally be...at p-peace."

He rolled onto his side and clutched at his chest, his crying intensifying, his vision fading. He would pass out again now. But would he awaken once more? He could barely breathe without feeling excruciating pain and his heart seemed to be galloping too fast for his liking.

He tried to regulate his breathing as he had been taught to by his ex-boyfriend but it only got worse as he thought of him and his betrayal, of all those times he'd been too busy to come see him at the hospital.

Too busy with someone who, unlike him, would actually whore for him and give him what he needed.

He had no one now and just that thought, brought deep sorrow to his already tortured mind. This was not how he had envisioned his life would be. He'd had so many dreams and so many different outlooks on life.

Why, he was still a virgin and everything!

He had just begun to live his life...and now...He would lose it all and succumb to something much more powerful than a mere life's dream could ever be. And that was the saddest part of it all.

Please have mercy on me my god. He pleaded silently. Please don't take away my life before I've at least had a small chance to live it. Even if for a day. Even if for a few hours. Even if for a few minutes. Grant me at least a smidgeon of happiness before you take me, I beg of you.

He threw his head back and let out an anguished cry, a cry that came from deep within the recesses of his trapped and resigned soul. "Don't let me die like this!" he screamed "Don't let me die alone!"

And then...there was darkness.

===

Don't forget to vote on each chap please. It motivates us to wanna write more for you and of course gets the book more notice. Nobody wants to read a book with no votes right? I'll cry my ass off cuz I suck lol jk Thanks luvs!