{7} - Missing

Rafe awoke to the incessant ring of his blasted cell phone and growled low in his throat, wishing he had thought to put the evil device on silent before going to sleep as he rolled lazily to the side so he could reach it on the dresser.

It stopped ringing before he could so much as accept the call so he just flopped back down and sighed into his pillow, his body going flax as he tried to will himself back to sleep but no avail as the tiny device started up another ringing marathon that gave him the urge to strangle it.

He reached for it and pressed accept but not before screaming into his pillow at the injustice of not being able to enjoy a day off. "Hello, De' Notti here. Good morning."

Good morning my ass...

"Rafe!" Came the crazed shout. "Rafe is that you? It's me, Natasha. Are you awake?"

He tisked and face palmed himself. "Of course I'm awake, woman. How do you think I answered the blasted phone?"

"Oh thank god! I've called you at least twenty times for Christ sake." she screeched into his ear. "You have to get over here right now, Rafe. Brookoff is here and he's raising hell over Andre. Please hurry!"

He sprang up out of his bed as if shot out of a cannon, his sleep blown to shit and started throwing clothes left and right. "What kind of hell?" he shouted into the phone as he picked out a white shirt to go with his slacks. "What are you talking about? Speak up Fenty!"

"Someone went into Dre's room last night and...and-. Oh god, I can't even say it. Don't make me say it, Rafe, please! I just can't believe...I just..."

His eyes widened and he gripped the phone as if for dear life. "Natasha, stay with me please! What happened to him? What happened to Andre? Oh god please tell me he's alive. Tell me, damn you!"

"He's gone, Rafe." she whisper yelled. "Someone came into his room during the night shift and took him!"

"What?" his breathing faltered and his heart stopped its erratic beat, a testament to his shock and dread. "No." he whispered, his fists clenching. Then, louder. "No, that's not true. Stop making things up. I won't listen to your lies. You've been in on it the whole time. I should have known better than to trust you. Put Andre on the phone this second!"

An uncontrollable sobbing began before abruptly stopping and his phone beeped, signaling the end of the call.

"God dammit!" he seethed through clenched teeth as he shoved his feet into his shoes. "I am going to kill that little slut!" Stuffing his wallet, keys and phone into his pockets, he headed for his front door at a dead run, slamming it shut on his way out and not even caring if it was locked.

The drive to the hospital was the scariest of his life. He had run five red lights and nearly ran over three people on his quest to get there sooner. But he didn't care about that. He just wanted to see Andre with his own eyes and make certain he was okay. Anything less would break his heart.

He had fallen in love with his fragile angel.

When he arrived, he parked right in front of a hydrant, not giving a rat's ass about a ticket. He already had five from the red lights he had run so what was one more? Slamming his car door shut and not caring about the subsequent shattering of glass, he ran into the looming building, his heart thumping sporadically, his feet pounding on the tiled floors.

Reaching the room, Rafe pushed the door open so hard it collided with the wall and reverberated loudly in the emptiness within. He looked frantically from left to right, knowing the room was empty but stupidly hoping he would see Andre peek out of some corner.