{21} - Panic

"I thought you said he was forgiving?!" Brookoff yelled from across the room at Rafe as he crouched behind a chair and dodged the hardcover book that flew past him and hit the wall. 

 Two days dammit. He'd waited two days to come back hoping Andre would have cooled off a little and become a little more accepting. He just didn't see that happening anytime soon because he looked just as furious as he'd looked that day if not madder.

"You call this calm and loving? Angelic is the last thing you should call him. Look at his face! That's definitely a demon right there."

Rafe looked down at Andre from his relaxed position beside the bed and smirked at the feral expression on his baby's face. If anything, he looked gorgeous in his anger, something that never failed to get him all hot and bothered.

He shrugged and raised a brow in the old man's direction. "I also said he was fragile and his eyes spit fire. What did you think that meant? I was obviously trying to warn you. You should thank me, you know."

The patriarch narrowed his eyes at him and gave him the finger, ready to go over and wring his friggin neck but ended up diving back behind the chair to duck a viciously flung bedpan.

My god! The kid was very precise. Had he not moved, he'd have been knocked unconscious!

"Seriously, would you stop throwing things at me already?" he bellowed to Andre, waving his hands wildly in the air in surrender. "This is not the type of behavior you express towards your father, young man!"

"Some father you are." Andre shot back, throwing a flimsy pen this time. "You raised not one but two pedophilic, incestuous psychos one of which fucking raped me even after finding out I was his uncle. Good job daddy dearest. I couldn't ask for a better family."

"This is not how I thought this would go at all." came the reply from behind the barrier. "Please, you have to let me explain. I had no idea any of this was happening. I swear to you I would not have condoned any of this behavior. I didn't raise them to be this way."

"Aw, poor you. How disappointed you must be. Want a biscuit for that or do you just want my misplaced pity and fake ass understanding? How about I just play nice, little, naïve Andre and believe all the diarrhea you spit in my ear. Huh? That sound better?"

"I just want you to hear me out. Just...just listen to what I have to say. I ask for nothing else. Only a chance to explain. Is that alright? Uh...I'm coming out now, okay? Don't throw anything."

Brookoff crawled out from behind the chair, expecting another well thrown object but all he saw was a slumped and defeated Andre as he raised his knees up to his chest so he could bury his face there.

This is what I've done. He thought to himself. He's already been through so much in his short life and I've only added to that and given him more stress to shoulder and sort through. He felt like such an ass.

"I am so sorry, Andre." he whispered, making his way cautiously to the bed. "I swear I didn't know your mother was pregnant. She never told me anything. What we had was fleeting and she knew that it would have to end but I didn't expect she'd be so vex with me that she would withhold something as important as me having another son."

Andre shook his bowed head. "None of this adds up." he mumbled into his knees. "You have the wrong person. I can't deal with this right now. I don't need any more complications. I had a father and you are not him."

Brookoff sighed and slowly, carefully sat at the foot of the bed, farthest from the young man in case he decided he wanted to throw the heart monitor machine next and knock him straight into a coma.