{5} - Fired Up

Seventeen. That was the number of hospital employees in charge of Andre's care and to say he wasn't surprised by the vast amount was an understatement. He'd expected three, four at the most, not this. Why, that was nearly a quarter of the emergency room and intensive care unit staff!

He was flabbergasted, angered and furious all at one time and he had to clench his fists over the top of the desk to keep himself from getting up and driving said fists into the wall beside him so he could relish the adrenaline now running through him and not stop till his knuckles bled.

So many people in charge of his care. So many people and yet not one would bring themselves to have some compassion, some pity towards a man who was sick, helpless and in dire need of their care. They had all treated him as nothing more than a speck of dirt on the fucking floor and stepped all over him, dismissing him as unimportant.

Furious, he stood up and set his hands to the desk with a resounding slam, his pulse pounding within his every cell and before he could stop himself, he swiped his arms to the side sharply, the momentum behind the action, sending everything toppling from the desk onto the floor with an echoing clang.

"Send them in now!" he shouted toward the door, his composure and fight to stay professional blown to high hell. He no longer cared to deal with the issue using the normal finesse required. Andre needed him to be this way, needed him furious and outraged. He needed a savior to set things to right and he would love nothing more than to do that for him.

No one should be allowed to treat anyone so cruelly and the fact that Andre was a man on the brink of death was just the thing he needed to drive him over the precipice of rage and the need to punish. He would not show remorse and he would not give second chances. They deserved none of his mercy.

The door opened slowly and he raised his flashing eyes to the men and women filing into the room, their faces expressionless masks as they had yet to realize their purpose here in Brookoff's office. But...they would know soon enough and he couldn't wait to see those masks fall to reveal their shock.

Two of the men at the forefront of the group stepped forward, their intent to sit on the two available chairs in front of the desk, obvious but Rafe leaned over the desk and glared at them both, staying their forward movement. "Sit on these chairs and I'll smack you over the head with them." He growled. "Now, move back and stand like the rest of the animals behind you."

Wide eyed and gaping, the two men hastily moved backwards nearly toppling a whole row of people on their quest to get away from those probing angry golden eyes. They had come here on a summons to the office and the first thing they had concluded was, because it was so many of them, they were in for a raise or even a bonus of some sort but seeing Mr, Notti, sitting behind Brookoff's desk and looking ready to commit murder, quickly disabused them of that hopeful notion.

The man was pissed and his seething anger seemed to be directed at them all and for the life of them, they just couldn't seem to conjure up anything they might have done to incur such a hate filled and murderous look from the man they knew to be the owner's right hand man.

Parting the crowd with pinches to asses and yanks to skirts, Natasha made her way to the desk and promptly sat at its edge, her leg crossing over the other in a relaxed pose. "I suppose you're all wondering why Mr. De' Notti has called all of you in here so suddenly." She said, craning her neck back, sending Rafe a wink. "Why don't you tell them hun? They might appreciate your deep alto to my squeaky soprano anyway."

Rafe glared at her. "Thank you miss Fenty." He said through gritted teeth. Seriously, the little wench was positively annoying. Who told her she could just come up here and start running her mouth? "I believe I can take it from here."