The Game

The day went on fine but I kept thinking back to how Scott was acting when Stiles and Lydia showed up. Maybe I'll ask Theo. He told me all about the supernatural world but just not who's in it. Maybe I can convince him to let me in on a little more.

I finish my test in biology and put down my pencil. I start gazing at my nails, wondering if the light pink was a good shade on me. My phone buzzes in my pocket so I subtly pull it out.

It's a text from Jordan.

Hey Ash, I'm working late so could you find a ride home from the game?

I quietly sigh but answer,

Can't I just go with Isaac?

No. He's going to Scott's tonight.
I can take off work if you really need me to.

I roll my eyes and imagine him apologizing to the sheriff over and over again. But the sherif will always say it's fine and he understands having a teenager.

But I am not letting Jordan leave work for me again.

No! It's fine I'll get a ride.

Thank you. I love you. Be careful.

Love you too.

The bell rings so I hop up for lunch. I exit the classroom and head to the library. I go to the usual spot, towards the back in between the shelves. I wait for a bit, just observing all the books.

Suddenly, arms wrap around my waist. I smile and try not to squeal as I get lifted off the ground. I let out a small giggle as I get put back down. I turn around in the strong arms to see Theo grinning down at me. I get on my tiptoes to kiss his soft lips. They always taste so good. He immediately kissed back, trying to open my mouth. I finally let him in, his tongue dancing around my mouth.

I pull off and whisper, "Hey"

He says, "Hey." I giggle quietly at him but remember the text earlier.

"Could you take me home from the game?"

"Yeah, of course."

I kiss him again, "Thanks." We make out for a few more minutes but I remember the strange events from this morning. I pull away again and mumble, "This morning I ran into Scott," Theo tensed as he listened carefully. "He seemed nice but when Stiles and Lydia walked in, it seemed like he was listening to them." He raised an eyebrow at me. I continued quieter, "They were across the hall." He frowned and his grip on my hips became tighter. I shuffle slightly, feeling the new pressure. He's breathing hard and looks angry, maybe furious.

I put my smaller hands on his, trying to carefully loosen them. He doesn't pay attention and squeezes tighter. I wince and try to keep him calm, "Theo? Babe, you're hurting me."

His eyes flash to mine before he immediately lets go. I breathe out and see how sad and concerned he looks. He clenches his fist and starts apologizing, "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! Baby, I'm sorry." He tries to keep going but I just force my lips to his. He was shocked at the contact at first but started kissing back.

After a make out session we both headed back to the hallway. We went our separate ways to our classes. Lunch was over and we were almost late.

Soon school finally ended so I went outside to find Isaac. I knew where he would be.

And there he was. Leaning against Stiles' jeep with the rest of his gang. Scott was talking to the group, almost like a leader would. They all listened carefully. I stepped forward, shyly. I tapped Isaac's shoulder, gaining his attention. Sadly, I also got everyone else's attention.

I try to ignore them and just talk to Isaac, "Did Jordan tell you he can't come to the game?" Isaac sighs and uncrosses his arms.

"Damnit, seriously?" He mumbles. I nod and shift from one foot to the other. "Okay. I can take you home-"

"I already got a ride." He raises an eyebrow as well as the rest of the group. Wow, they really don't have confidence in my friendship making skills.

Over Stiles' shoulder, I see Theo watching from close to the field. I quickly turn back to Isaac. He bites his lip and says, "Okay fine. Just don't get killed by some random stranger you get a ride from."

I huff out a breath and roll my eyes. I cross my arms over my chest and glare at him, "He's not a stranger!" That was a mistake. They all listen closer.

Stiles spoke to me now, "Ooh! You got yourself a boyfriend?"

"Um I uh, no! No I don't." If they are werewolves then they can definitely all tell I'm lying. They give me an unimpressed look.

Scott makes a small friendly grin and says in a soft voice, "Do we know him?" I gulp and try to stay calm.

"No."

They give each other a look before Lydia speaks up, "Is he... Theo?" I freeze at the name hoping I would die on the spot. But then I follow their gazes to behind me. I turn around and jump when I see Theo right there. He's looking at Scott but his eyes drift down to me. He glares but I know it's just an act.

Scott stands straighter next to me and asks, "Theo, what do you need?"

Theo scowls at me for a few more seconds before he stares at Scott instead, "Are you coming? We need to get in the locker room or coach will be pissed."

Scott glances at his wrist, there is no watch on it but he says, "Ah you're right. Come on."

All the lacrosse guys start heading towards the locker rooms. I'm left with Mason, Lydia, and Malia. We awkwardly glance at each other until Lydia broke the silence, "Asher, do you want to sit with us?" I stare at her in surprise. I didn't think any of them wanted to be around me. I'm just the weird younger brother.

"I uh, sure. I guess." Malia starts walking off so we follow her to the stands. Those three are having a conversation while I just get on my phone. I remind myself to not get on the photos app because of how many I have of Theo. I do random stuff on my phone until Mason pokes me.

"You're friends with Corey, right?" He asks.

"Well, I wouldn't say we're friends but we talk sometimes." I shrug. He nods in understanding.

Eventually the lacrosse team comes out to the field. The crowd cheers them on. The other team is in position waiting for the game to start. Once everyone's ready, the referee begins the game.

It's going good, I don't understand the sport completely, no matter how many times Theo has explained it. But I do know some stuff and terms. So when a player from the other team hits Theo from behind, throwing him to the ground, I jump up and scream, "That's a foul!" The three people I was with looked at me in shock. So did most of the lacrosse team. I saw Theo glance up at me from the ground. I saw his smirk as he shakily stood. The coach called it a foul after he glanced at me.

The game went on smoothly from there. Our team easily won. The guys ran back into the locker rooms to change and we waited outside for them. Eventually all of the guys came out. I mean all of them, including Theo. Scott was talking about the game as me and Theo subtly stared at each other. We both drowned out the teens talking around us.

I felt someone nudge my shoulder, "You okay? Maybe I should take you home." I glance up at Isaac at my side.

I clear my throat and shake my head. "I told you I already have ride." I roll my eyes and sigh.

Scott laughs as he watched our interaction, "So the sassiness runs in the family?" Both Isaac and I roll our eyes at him. A few of the others laugh at us. I glance up at their faces. Malia has a small smile, Mason and Corey were smiling widely and letting out small laughs. Lydia smiled gracefully, Stiles looked proud of our sassiness.

And Theo... His smile was small. Smaller than Malia's. But it was there. I usually see a much bigger smile when we're together. I know he's keeping it small for the sake of his reputation. No matter how big his smile is, he'll always be beautiful.