Awake

Scott and Stiles went back to the hospital after they convinced Isaac and Jordan to go home. When they ventured to Asher's room, they heard Melissa's voice. They looked to each other before heading into the room.

They saw Melissa standing next to the bed, talking to an awake Asher. He was sitting up, looking perfectly healthy.

"Mom? What's going on?" Scott asked as he inspected Asher carefully.

"Asher woke up, clearly. And he's doing alright!" Melissa checked over the machines before she walked away and left the room.

Asher waited until the door was closed to stand up. Scott rushed forward, "Woah! Be careful, you were just in a coma!"

Asher moves past Scott with ease, "I feel fine." Scott turned to Stiles, there was a look of understanding between them.

Asher opened a backpack on a table at the other side of the room. He pulled out some clothes that Isaac had brought if he did wake up.

Without caring about the two men watching him, Asher reached back and undid his hospital gown. It fell to the floor. He was still wearing underwear but the older men hadn't ever seen this much of the usually shy boy.

Stiles covered his eyes and exclaimed, "Woah! We didn't need a ticket to live child porn!"

Asher blushed as he pulled on a loose fitting t-shirt. Scott started walking towards him when he was pulling on his pants.

When Asher looked up, Scott was already in his face. He took a step back, now against the wall. Scott put one hand on one side of Asher's head and Stiles moved to the other side to block Asher from going anywhere.

"What the hell do you want?" Asher spoke fearfully.

Scott growled out, "Tell us the truth! Who attacked you?" Asher flinched at the man's volume. He squeezed his eyes and put his hands in front of his face. "Come on, Asher! What happened out there? What do you know?" Scott slammed his hand into the wall out of anger and impatience. Asher yelped at the action.

Scott took a moment to realize Asher's position was instinct. The younger boy was terrified by the yelling and proximity Scott and Stiles were at. Asher was making quiet whimpers as he shook slightly.

"Stand down, Scott." A deep voice sounded from the door. Scott glanced back to see who was there.

"Derek? Babe what are you doing here?" Stiles questioned the new man.

Derek stepped towards the teens, "He doesn't remember." He pointed to Asher.

Derek shoved Scott slightly to reach for the younger boy. Asher gasped at the touch and tried to move farther back into the wall. Derek put his hands out in front of him, letting Asher take a minute to realize Derek wouldn't hurt him.

Stiles kept talking, "What do you mean he doesn't remember?"

Derek slowly reached out to grab the frightened boy and pull him close. "I mean, he just went through some trauma, and he shouldn't even be alive but he is. So he won't remember unless he feels safe." Derek glared at Scott, "And screaming in his face when you know his past isn't gonna help!"

Derek guided Asher out of the room, and out of the hospital. He brought the boy to his car and sped off towards Asher's house.

Derek helped Asher out of the car and led him to the front door. Derek held Asher with one arm around his upper waist as he used the other hand to knock on the door.

The door opened slowly, revealing an exhausted Isaac. He immediately became frantic when he saw his younger brother holding onto his old alpha.

"Oh my god! Asher, what the hell? Derek did you kidnap him?" Isaac shouted.

Derek rolled his eyes but then thought about it. "Uh, technically. But he's awake."

Jordan came to the door, his eyes widened as he saw his youngest brother gripping Derek tightly. He pushed past Isaac and pulled Asher into a hug. Asher held onto Jordan's t-shirt as he let out tears.

"Ash, shhh. It's okay." Jordan mumbled as he held the boy. Isaac made a gesture, gaining Jordan's attention. Isaac mouthed the word, 'dad'. Jordan did the 'ohhh' face. He pat Asher's back softly, "Ash, let's get you to your room, okay?"

Asher shook his head and tightened his grip. Jordan sighed and lifted his brother and brought him to his room. Asher let Jordan change him into more comfortable clothes and set him on his bed.

Back downstairs, Isaac let Derek come in. Isaac sighed before grumbling to the other man, "Let's call the pack."