Save Me

Asher's POV

Peter gestures for me to step to him. I do, reluctantly. He looks me up and down.

"So..." He says as if he expected me to do something. After my silence, he rolls his eyes and sighs dramatically. "You've turned. Haven't you?"

"Uh what?" I glance around the woods, kinda hoping someone will come get me from this conversation. The pack seemed like they knew this man, and maybe rely on him sometimes but he doesn't seem too trustworthy.

"You're alive, so clearly you're not human anymore." He said it like it was obvious. I still stared at him with a blank face. He groaned, "Look, when I gave you the scratches in your stomach," He pressed his fingertips to where my wounds once were. "I gave you what was left of my alpha energy. Since I used to be an alpha, I still had just enough power to give you the gift!"

I nod slowly. "Oh. Um, thanks I guess?"

He nods and wraps an arm around my shoulders. He starts leading me towards a large tree stump in the middle of a clearing.

"So Asher, as my beta, it's your duty to help me." He says calmly.

I look to him, raising an eyebrow. "What would you need my help with?"

He made eye contact for a moment before setting his eyes onto the tree stump. "Well, there's something special in the way you turned. And that's what I need. I need to become an alpha again. To do that, I need your power."

That doesn't sound good.
He's evil.
I know it.

I take a step back, "Um, no thanks. I'm good." I take a couple steps back, knowing this isn't going to end well. "I should be getting home. I have some homework."

Peter grabs me quickly, slamming me onto the ground. "I had a feeling you'd say no."

With that, he punched me in the face. I immediately blacked out from the force.