Big Battle

Third POV

The pack ran into the woods, knowing it was the most likely place for something to happen. Scott led them, feeling a pull towards a specific place.

"Scott! Scott wait!" Stiles shouted out of breath. Scott stopped running and turned to his best friend. Stiles was holding onto Derek, using him to make sure he didn't fall. "Are you sure this is the right way?"

Scott nods immediately, "Yeah, definitely. Whatever caused me the pain earlier is definitely this way. Lydia, you feel anything?"

Lydia looked around, taking in a deep breath of the piney scent. "Um, I think so. But something feels off."

Scott shrugged, "It doesn't matter. We have to go save Asher. Something happened to him that night. And whatever it was, is here again tonight."

The pack ran into the familiar clearing. Scott held his arms out, stopping his pack from going further.

There in front of them was Peter Hale. He stood beside the tree stump now known as the Nemeton. However, laying unconscious on top of the Nemeton was Asher.

Peter turned to the pack, noticing their presence. "Ah, hello. I see you've made it. Now I didn't really want all of you but that's alright."

Derek spoke to his uncle, "Peter, what are you doing here?"

Peter rolled his eyes, "Well I'm here to get the correct status. A Hale alpha is always needed."

Isaac pushed past Derek, "Let him go, you asshole!" Derek held Isaac back, not wanting his old beta to get hurt.

Jordan spoke up, "He's a child! Let him go!"

Peter tsked, shaking his head. "No can do. He's special, it seems like most of my betas are." Peter winked at Scott. "So I need him to help me with something." Peter grabbed Asher's lip arm, cutting three lines across his forearm. The pack jumped forward, shouting for him to stop. Peter suddenly grabbed Asher by his hair, holding his claws to the boy's throat. "Just a little cut and he's dead, is that what you want?"

Theo pushed past Scott and started his proposition. "Let him go. You don't even need the kid! He's a worthless waste anyway. These people wouldn't even be able to deal with one more dead friend!" Theo let out a sick laugh.

Liam pushed past Scott as well and grabbed Theo. "What are you doing?" He hissed.

Theo shook him off, walking slowly towards Peter. "I'll be your partner. We can ruin this horrible town together. Think of it, two of the hardest for these losers to beat! Nothing will be able to stop us."

Peter tilted his head, thinking of a decision. By this time, Asher's wounded wrist had started bleeding onto the Nemeton, making the wind pick up speed supernaturally.

"Well I have considered making you an ally for quite sometime. You could be very useful." Peter says as rain starts to drop at a fast speed. "How can I trust you?"

Theo shrugs as he had finally made it to the tree. "That's the thing, nobody can ever really trust me." Theo turns to the pack, winking at their shocked faces.

Rain is pouring down onto the town, wind blowing the trees. Peter's eyes were slowly going from a glowing blue to red. Bit by bit. Theo stared at his secret boyfriend's body, hoping he can pull off his plan.

Isaac shouted over the rain, "Please Theo! Is this because of that day, what he said?"

Theo laughed lowly, "No, this is because of a day a long time ago." Theo paused, looking back over to Asher. "My first day back in Beacon Hills." Theo looked to where Peter was focusing on the Nemeton and becoming an alpha again. "That was the day... I fell in love."

Theo suddenly thrust his arm out towards Peter, knocking him in the face with his claws. Peter was pushed back by the blow. Theo high kicked him in the face, using supernatural reflexes.

Peter was able to catch himself from falling, swiping out towards the chimera. Theo felt a hand press against his chest, shoving him back. He felt the Nemeton's roots under his feet.

Scott, Derek, Liam, and Isaac suddenly rushed forward, going to deal with Peter.

Theo turns around, climbing onto the Nemeton. He grabbed Asher's arm, covering up the bloody wounds with his hands. Theo started saying, "Asher? Asher!" He held the wound with one hand as he used his other to push Asher's hair out of his face. Theo accidentally smeared some blood on the side of Asher's face. He got more frantic, "Asher! Ash! Ash!" Tears fell quickly down his face.

By this time, the pack had already gotten the Peter situation under control. The man was completely unconscious now.

Theo was still shaking over Asher's body when he distantly heard his name. Voices were calling for him.

Then suddenly hands grabbed at Theo, yanking him away. Theo was screaming Asher's name, begging the people to let him go.

Liam's voice finally processed in Theo's mind, "Theo! Stop! He's gone, there's nothing we can do."

"No! No, please! Ash!" Theo screamed over and over again. He pushed at the arms grabbing him. But then he realized who the second person holding him was. "Scott! Scott please! Save him please! I'll never be bad again! Just please, I love him!"

Scott stared down at the begging chimera, "Theo, it might be too late."

"No, please. Save him."

Theo was completely leaning on Scott now, letting Scott hold him up. Scott, as alpha, instinctively held the sad chimera and wanted to make him stop hurting.

Scott nodded, leading Theo back over to the Nemeton. He glanced at Jordan, seeing if he was going to protest. Jordan held onto Isaac as they mourned their dying brother. Jordan simply nodded to Scott, giving permission.

Scott sat down on the tree stump. Slowly, he leaned down to Asher's bicep. He sunk his teeth into Asher's pale skin, letting his red eyes shine in the night.

Scott pulled away, looking down disappointedly at the younger boy. He glanced at Theo. He was kneeling on the Nemeton beside Asher. The chimera stared down at the unconscious boy with hope in his eyes.

Scott stood up, going to Stiles. Stiles nodded to him, assuring him that he did all he could.

Theo sobbed alone on the Nemeton. He grabbed Asher's face softly, rubbing his cheeks with his thumbs.

"Please, please, please!" Theo whispered.

Minutes passed. The pack stayed silent, mourning the innocent life. The only sound was Theo's crying.

Then Theo let go of Asher. He held his own face in his hands, covering his wet face.

The pack thought about sending someone to go try to comfort him, but no one can ever calm down Theo. The only person to ever be able to do that was Asher.

Asher lay silently on the Nemeton. The love of his life, mourning him by his side.

Suddenly...

Asher's eyes shot open. They glowed a color, a color they have never been before.