xxix | Nerium

•・•✿•・•

"Alright Mr. Kingston, that's all for tonight. Thank you for your cooperation." Mr. Roberts, the police deputy chief said.

That's it?

Bryson who was sitting across from the middle-aged man clasps his hands together. He ponders whether to ask some questions or not. Or if he was even allowed to, but regardless if he was not in the right position to query, nothing could really stop him from getting the answers that were killing him.

He started with, "Do you have any lead about the whereabouts of that man?" The distaste on his voice was evident, but Mr. Roberts just looked at him flatly.

Silence.

That wasn't the response he was hoping for. Thinking he wasn't getting any reply, he tried a different one, "Was my description of him enough? I know it wasn't distinct, but you can already guess what he looks like, right? What about his location? I think you should look for any CCTV I —,"

"We've done it already, Mr. Kingston.
And yes, all the things you had said might helps us to finish the investigation in a nick of time. Together with your statement and the other witnesses, I can say, it's reliable information," the officer answered briefly.

And then another excruciating absence of noise.

Bryson fought back the urge to demand more. The man in front of him might be a playful and chatty person when they first met, but as of the moment, he was nothing but an impassive public servant that only replied what you wanted to hear.

Nothing more and less information.

He pulled the dog tag dangling on his neck and twirled it using his fingers as his knees started to bounce up and down, one of his occasional mannerisms whenever he feel agitated or simply bored.

His eyes zoomed in at the plaque mounted on the wall behind the deputy's mahogany desk, together with recognization and award letter in a frame.

Seeing he has no plan of leaving the chilly room even if they've already consumed an hour in the police station for the interrogation, Mr. Roberts sighed as if he was already expecting him to intervene in their job no matter what the consequences were or even if they'd stop him.

"Actually," Mr. Roberts break the ice. "There's one more thing I needed to ask of you," Bryson looked at the officer with furrowed brows and straightened his back.

He was getting impatient because of not obtaining the adequate answer that'd appease his concern and to sums it all up, the information he had just found out a while ago still bothers him. 

A relative of Daisy that he knew nothing about and it was also infuriating that they only showed up just because his flower was currently confined in a goddamn hospital.

Their sudden appearance didn't sit well with him, more so, that man who claimed himself as Daisy's family is someone he isn't sure to be trusted.

No. That wasn't the right term.

He just couldn't believe that such an important person is related to his girlfriend.