ⅴ|L u n c h

•・•✿•・•

       "What subject and time your last class is?"

Elijah looked into his schedule on a piece of paper. Bryson leaned his upper body on the wall in the school hallway while waiting for his brother to get his schedule and locker number in the admission office.

The school interior was still the same; gray painted wall, dark blue lockers at both sides of the hallway, bulletin board every corner in between the classrooms, and even the glass cabinet with trophies and medals that being displayed inside were still here.

He recognized some of the students and vice versa, but none of his previous classmates were there though. They must have been already graduated while he was trying to survive at the training camp. It was a good thing anyway since most of the guys he was hanging out with before were like him. The bad influences kind of one.

They were like birds with the same feathers flock together. Bryson doesn't have any idea what had happened in their lives after high school, he lost communication with them after his father dispatched him to that hellish place.

Though he was still kind of lucky for his dad's way of straightening him up since he was most probably gonna end up in jail if his dad didn't decide to takes matters into his hand.

"English Literature, it's up until three. Man, I hate my teacher. Can I just skip school after lunch? It's like the first day anyway. Who the hell even attend class on the first day?" Elijah said exasperatedly. He was so overdramatic sometimes Bryson questioned himself how they became siblings. Elijah must be adopted. Positive.

"No, you can't and ask Luigi to drive you home after school since I'm going somewhere."

Elijah's eyes formed into the slit and he was about to open his mouth probably to gossip again, but Bryson ignore him by walking past him and went to his locker.

Good thing he didn't follow me.

Only a year left before he will be finally set free from this purgatory called school. The looked that some of the students and even teachers that were directed to him as he walked through the hallway were something they condemned about him because of the thing that he did and happened a year ago.

It was partially his fault and he was really ashamed for what he did. Bryson had already regretted it a long time ago, but by how everyone threw an accusing stare in his direction, it was crystal clear that they still haven't forgotten about it. It was like he had done the most gruesome felony in the world.

Fuck them all to hell!

Although one year had passed by and people went on with their lives, he feels like he was still stuck and living in the past. It's stifling.

"Ma' man! Bryson is in the house!" A boisterous voice behind him spoke followed by a slap on his shoulder when he was about to close his locker.

It attracts unwanted attention from most of the students that are walking in the hallway or putting their stuff in their locker.

Bryson turned around and came face to face with one of the few people he could truly call on as 'friends'. Samuel Oswell, a very friendly and loud guy. Player of the football team and a grade lower than him but since he skipped one year of class, they must be classmates from now on.

"Hey man. What's up?" They did their customary handshakes and pat on the? Bryson couldn't help the smile that slips on his lips because looking at his friend, he realized that some things might change, but the guy in front of him doesn't. He was still the same Sam he knew of since day one of his sophomores.