ⅹⅴⅰⅰ|Family.2

•・•✿•・•

"Bry, leave the gal alone. Her plate is full already. Are you planning on making her pudgy?" Annie said looking at his son with a poker face after Bryson put another handful of salad, steak, and pasta on her plate.

Daisy thanked Annie internally for stopping her son. Her plate was already packed to the brim and she can't possibly finish even eat half of it.

"Sorry babe. You're just so small," Bryson said sheepishly whilst putting the serving down.

"Quit being a caveman dude. You are like a younger version of dad, it's scary," Elijah shuddered.

She just only noticed that there were only four of them in the house and ever since she came around, no older male specimen caught her eyes.

"He acted so much like his father when we were just started dating."

"Yeah, mom. He's probably following dad's footsteps. Why did you give birth to him anyway? I should be the firstborn since I'm the more handsome and smart one," the youngest son commented, pointing his fork in Bryson's direction.

"I don't know hun. You know, we were a bunch of people in heat that time. It just happened one steamy night and then boomed, I'm pregnant the next day," Annie said with funny hand gestures.

"Mom I don't want to hear what happened that night so hmm... just leave it to your imagination."

"You never know, maybe it'll help you get you some amorous ideas. Just be careful okay honey?"

"Mom! I don't want to hear it," Elijah grumpily shoves the spoon in his mouth.

"Seriously guys?" Bryson butted in exasperatedly, but still flashing his slick smile showing the white and even teeth underneath.

Daisy just enjoyed watching them while continuously eating her dinner.

Annie gulped down the food and drinks her juice before saying, "Pardon our behaviour dear and if you wanted to say something just type it on your phone, okay? Sorry, I don't know sign language," Daisy immediately shook her head and gave Annie a reassuring smile.

"Please feel at home and eat lots."

Daisy's hand suspended in the air that was holding the glass of juice before she put it down again to dig her phone out in her jeans pocket. Just earlier, she was thinking about asking their permission if she could use her phone since it's kind of rude and disrespectful.

They were the host of the house and she was only the guest. Besides, her mom always told her to never use any device while on the dining table.

She quickly typed her reply on her phone and passed it over to Bryson since he was sitting close to Annie, but instead of handing over the device, his boyfriend decided to just read it out loud for others to hear.

"She said it's okay with her and thank you for inviting her to dinner. She also loves pasta. It's very delicious."

"No problem dear and I'm glad you like my cooking," Daisy reciprocated Annie's sweet smile with her polite one.

Going back to those times that Annie bought flower's seed at their shop, she was always kind of professional-looking, wearing a dress and something business-like. Today she looked casual with her buttoned-down dress shirt paired with denim jeans.

"I'm sorry if I forgot to ask but how are you doing anyway dear?"

"I'm good Mrs. Kingston. Thank you for asking. Just got a little bit busy with work sometimes but I'm still enjoying my time."