ⅹⅴ|Intimate

•・•✿•・•

       Bryson laid the red and black striped blanket under the oak tree where they were both seated. The shadow from it shades them from the blazing light of the sun, but their position still gave them the best view of the open field.

Daisy doesn't know how long they will gonna stay at the secret paradise.

But, if only she would be given a choice, she would rather stay there for eternity. She could build her own home and probably bury herself with all those amazing and beautiful flowers when she took her last breathe.

But of course, that was just a faraway dream because her problems still lingering in the corner.

Daisy might be stressing out about her problems yet, her brain was still at the right place and there were more important matters that needed her attention and besides she wasn't an egocentric person and let her mom suffer and endure everything all by herself.

The guy rummage inside the basket that he brought with them and pulled out lots of food. She just watched as Bryson set up everything. There was a bottle of water, soda in a can, sandwiches, fruits, and salad in a Tupperware.

She can't believe the guy prepared so much for them. Daisy thought they were only gonna sightseeing, well, clearly, Bryson had another plan in mind.

A picnic at the most wonderful place she had ever seen, who wouldn't love it anyway? With the guy in front of her, she discovered a lot of things and experienced something she had never done before.

"Don't look at me like that," Bryson muttered whilst scratching the back of his neck. He was embarrassed for something he put a lot of his effort into.

"This is my first time doing it so, I don't know if I'm doing it right."

Daisy gushed at how cute he was, looking sheepish then avoiding making eye contact with her. She appreciates the effort, it makes her overlooked at the time when Bryson always prioritized her before himself. He was truly such a sweet and caring person.

"Here. Eat now, it was almost past lunchtime."

Daisy picked the sandwich first and took a bite. She then digs her phone out inside her jeans pocket and typed something on it.

"Did you made these sandwiches?" She hands it over to Bryson who was now eating his share of food too.

"Yes. I told you, there is so much more in my cooking skills. How does it taste?"

"It's good. I like it," she answered smiling.

Bryson twisted the cap of the water bottle and then gave it to her which she thanked him for being considerate.

"I'm glad you like it."

They ate the foods he prepared while occasionally talking about their lives. From time to time, Daisy uses her phone to convey the message because there were still some words that Bryson couldn't understand in sign language.

Nonetheless, it was kind of refreshing and there were no dull moments nor awkwardness.

The daylight that peeked in the crevice of the tree gave an illusion of a thousand light bulbs which illuminates them. It deflects on Bryson's face once in a while because of the movements whenever the wind blew the branches.