*|P r o l o g u e

•・•✿•・•

      Daisy finished packing her stuff and put half of her clothing—mostly skirts, pants, and sweaters—into her luggage. She sat on the edge of her king-sized bed, swiftly scanning all of her belongings to make sure that she only brought what was absolutely necessary. It will be her first time moving away from their house, wherein she must adapt to an entirely unfamiliar setting.

It was frightening. Daisy's concerns resurfaced every time she recalled the predicament she was now facing, especially the events that happened only a few months ago.

Darkness. Pain. The poignant stench that remains in her system and how hard she screams at the top of her lungs, begging for someone to save her.

No. Don't think about it. Please stop.

A loud knock on the door brings her back to the present. She shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts out of the haze. Daisy's mom enters with a solemn look in her gorgeous, delicate face. Her mom's usual attire has been replaced with a pair of jeans and a plain white tee. The often flawlessly coiffed, silky strawberry-blonde hair was now pulled up in a messy bun.

"Are you done packing, sweetheart?"

Daisy bit her lower lip and swallowed the lump in her throat, blinking back the tears that threatened to fall from her dull, chestnut eyes. She felt so terrible as she recognized what seemed to be distress and worries in her mom's voice. It was obvious, despite how much she tried to suppress it.

"Yes, mom. I just wanted to be sure if I packed all my stuff. I don't want to forget a thing," she says, attempting to appear happy even though she was breaking inside.

Her mother sat next her, massaging her trembling hands in an attempt to calm the tremor that has begun to appear.

Tears stream down her mom's cheek as she says, "I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this," and an agonizing sob resonates across her entire room. Daisy deliberately squeezes her mom's hands to get her attention and offers reassuring words, knowing full well that those will not suffice.

"Mom, don't cry. It's not your fault, okay? I'm going to be fine, I promise. " She heaved a deep sigh, "remember the words you used to say when I was a kid? There is no room for weakness as the word "give up" doesn't exist in our vocabulary."

Daisy couldn't even believe in herself, so she questions whether she was capable of upholding her promises. For her, nothing was normal. Her entire existence had been a constant reminder that the world was a messed-up place that no amount of money or expensive things can fix. So she just puts on her mom's favorite smile—the one that makes the corners of her mouth reach up her ears. It makes Elina relived.

"I promise I'll fix everything, okay? Then you can come home and live your normal life again. Just stay low and have patience with me. Everything is going to be fine," Elina says, embracing her closely while gently rocking their bodies.

Daisy let the pent up emotion explode and broke down in tears this time. She needed this right now, exactly the kind of comfort her mother could offer. And perhaps it's the last one, too. When is the last time she cried in her mom's arms? The memory has become fuzzy as it happens a long time ago.

I just need to hang in there for a little while longer; I know I can do it. This pales in comparison to all the challenges I've overcome in my life. Just a bit more. Daisy adheres to herself.

A knock on the door, followed by the driver's voice, interrupts their moment. She wipes away her tears and tuck the strands of hair that cover her face.

"Always take care of yourself, Sweetheart, and call me when you get there, okay? I love you, remember that."

"Yes, mom. I love you, too. I'll miss you."

She gave her mom one last embrace and kisses her cheek before stepping out the room, bidding her final goodbye to a place she once considered home.
Next to her was their driver, carrying all her luggage.

All she wanted was to put the unpleasant memories behind and never look back. It's been too much for her, and maybe it's time to create new memories, even though she doesn't know how or where to start

The glimmer of hope that remained deep within her heart assured her that somehow, everything was going to be fine just like her mother said.
So, with a heavy heart, they drove farther away from her house.

There was no turning back.

•・•✿•・•