ⅹⅰⅴ|Gift

•・•✿•・•

"Hey. Are you okay? It's not like I'm expecting you to talk all of sudden, even though I want to hear your voice, but you were not yourself this morning and keep on spacing out. Did something happen? I only leave you for one day. Did you really missed me that much?" Bryson flashed his toothy grin and briefly glanced where she was seated before focusing again on the road.

She heard and felt the worries underneath the teasing tone of his voice but chose to ignore it.

Daisy doesn't have any idea where the guy will be taking her due to her absent-minded state throughout the morning.

She didn't even care that Bryson was dragging her to who knows where. Half of her decisions want to protest, to demand the guy to bring her back to the shop where she supposedly was working at that time.

How could she be so neglectful of her job? What would Megan say when she came back?

They still need to finish the arrangement that their customer ordered yesterday.

Oh god.

She felt guilty all of a sudden for leaving her friend in the middle of their work. It took her when she felt not belonged at her new place, then that was her repayment?

Maybe this was still good, a temporary escape before the harsh reality slapped her hard again.

It was even concerning for Megan that she came to the shop looking like someone who had never seen the light before.

Her skin was paler than it originally was, her eyes were bloodshot plus her eye bags were resemblance to the panda. She wasn't the usually cheerful and enthusiastic Daisy.

Megan tried talking to her, making her spill out what made her mood deadened, but she didn't respond to any of her attempts that eventually, her friend's just let her go.

Daisy didn't know what was happening to her. It was like, back to zero again. Doesn't know if she was still thinking straight or not. Not.

She feels low-spirited, doesn't want to do anything for that matter and just curled up in a ball and hide beneath her cold mattress. Maybe if she falls asleep again and woke up, everything will be back to normal like there were no bombs that were suddenly being catapult to her, making her world demolished.

"You don't have to worry. Megan gave me her approval for taking you away from your work. She just reminded me to bring you back in piece and your usual self."

Daisy wanted to retort back, saying that was actually her usual self because behind her jolly and cheerful facade was just a broken girl.

Crying herself to sleep and carrying lots of extra baggage.

She just let Bryson speak as she doesn't know how to react. Glad that Megan let her leave? Not. She just keeps her thoughts to herself and plans to apologize to her friend tomorrow.

"I prefer you smiling while blushing, rather than this no care in the world," Bryson sighed when she didn't react, he momentarily removed his hand on the steering wheel to squeezed her thigh.

It makes Daisy averted her attention from the window of the passenger's seat and finally give the guy the attention that he wanted.

If it was another day, she would probably be embarrassed for being absent-minded or the fact that Bryson was touching her in a part of her body that had never been touched before. Even if his hand was not directly making a contact with her skin because of the jeans she was wearing.