xxx | Nyghte

•・•✿•・•

In his haste to get inside the hospital, he forgot to park the car properly, so Bryon just left the key to Elijah who just eyed him quizzically. He took the steps of the stairs two at a time while the grin on his lips seems like permanently plastered on his face.

Just a while ago, he felt like a bomb without a safety pin which about to explode anytime, but now, he feels like walking on air.

When he finally reaches the second floor of the building, padded through the long bright hallway, and about a few steps away from Daisy's room. Bryson thought he could finally be at ease knowing that Daisy is now awake and safe. But what he didn't anticipates nor the very idea itself to cross his mind is a sight he's going to encounter upon arriving in her designated room.

The door of the private room where Daisy is being confined is wide open and it's crowded to the point that there isn't almost enough space to squeeze in another person.

It was as if an interesting show was being played inside because nurses and even other patients were piling up in front of the door.

He immediately excuses himself and shoves the bystanders aside to get in and when he finally got a crystal view of what was going on. His heart sinks and it constricts most painfully. His instinct automatically kicks in— that is to protect Daisy from unwanted attention and prying eyes by the onlookers.

He expects his girlfriend to greet him with her enthusiastic sign language and a cheerful smile on her face. But fate has a different agenda for how his reunion with his girlfriend will take place because nothing like what he wished for happened.

She was in a hysterical and frantic state.

He wanted to throw a fist at someone who is holding both Daisy's arms as if she's a patient in an asylum. She's desperately trying to get herself free while her eyes are filled with fat tears that are continuously rolling down on her pale cheeks.

Bryson didn't even notice his foot moving on its own and his hands pulling the male nurse by his arms away from Daisy. Without reservation, Bryson pushes the man aside— releasing his hold on Daisy's fragile body.

"Bryson!" Annie's scolding voice boomed in all corners of the room, but he didn't pay attention to it.

Instead, he carefully approaches Daisy's trembling body who upon seeing him, instantly scooted at the very edge of the bed away from him while shaking her head frantically.

He raises his hands as a sign that he means no harm. "Shh. It's okay, baby. It's me, Bryson. I'm here now," he occupies the space beside the bed and tentatively snakes his arms on her petite body— embracing her tightly, but not too tight to brings her discomfort.

Bryson mutters encouraging and comforting words against the shell of her ear, but he couldn't help to hiss when her nails scrape his skin.

It stings and the warm liquid that was seeping out of it was a telltale indication that whatever was happening was real. And nothing was more painful than seeing his flower being dishevelled and distressed.

If she can inflict pain on him just to lessen her burden, he would gladly accept it wholeheartedly.

Bryson continued to calm her down by rubbing her back in a slow manner all while, trying to reign the whirlwind of emotions clashing inside of him.