1. Letters From The Anonymous

☆ Flashback ☆

Flashback

2 years ago, Abbottabad, Khyber Pakhtun Khwa, Pakistan

~ᴠ ᴀ ɴ ᴇ ᴇ ᴢ ᴀ~

As the white thread on the horizon started to become distinct from the black thread, the tinkling and rattling of plates and spoons began to grow louder, simultaneously, which meant that the time for Suhoor was about to end soon.

It was the last Ashrah of the blessed month of Ramadan.

The sky was a billion pure hues of light and it felt as as if the night and the day were about to become one beautiful moment as the dawn was just a few minutes away.

"Haya, for God's sake stop sleeping like a bear and finish your food or else I won't allow you to complain about your hunger during fasting!"

Mama glared at Haya in a totally unpleasant way to which she jerked from her deep slumber and started munching her food like a desperate animal.

I pursed my lips to hide my giggle as I watched the whole drama.

Ten minutes later, we could hear the siren blaring, following which, my sister ran towards the kitchen in order to empty the whole 1 gallon can of water into her stomach.

I felt pity for that innocent stomach which was being treated brutally right now.

"I am one hundred percent sure that the food which you have just eaten must be struggling really hard to swim in this ocean which you have gulped right now!"

I shook my head while watching her with disappointment.

"Kum az Kum Pyas to nahi lagy gi na poora din!"

(Atleast I won't be thirsty!)

She moaned with pain and left the kitchen while rubbing her belly gently and mumbling to herself,

"Haye, Zyada Kha Lya!"

(Have eaten more than my capacity!)

"Serves you right!" I burst into laughter.

The spiritual melody of Azaan began to echo throughout the beautiful and tranquil valley of Abbottabad, adding eternal glory to the already divine atmosphere.

The half green and half snowy mountains looked beyond mesmerising at the time of Fajr, while the dewdrops continued to shimmer flawlessly on the fresh leaves of the tall alpine trees which were standing like a slender man!