14. Poisoned Hearts🥀

~Third Person's POV

~Third Person's POV

Two weeks later, after coming back from the most memorable trip of their lives to the Northern Pakistan, all the cousins had started preparing themselves for another major function coming soon in the Khan's mansion.

As soon as he returned to Lahore, Shehryar didn't spare another second and went to his grandparents to talk about his desire to marry Vaneeza. Being the most favorite grandchild of his grandfather, he was successful in convincing him without much efforts but on the other hand, his grandmother did not agree with this proposal as she knew that Umar had always been the right choice for Vaneeza. She knew how much it would hurt her favorite grandson but after seeing her husband and both, Vaneeza's and Shehryar's parents happily accepting the decision, she had to agree with everyone's happiness at the expense of Umar's.

The whole mansion had started sparkling with resplendence and happiness soon after the rings were exchanged between both the love birds. Vaneeza couldn't feel more happier than this while Shehryar was over the moon as well. Every face and heart glimmered with joy and excitement as this was the most awaited function of their lives.

Amidst all the noises, hootings , fun and loud beats of drums and melodious voices of ladies singing 90's Bollywood wedding songs, there was one tired heart trying to beat with a normal pace but failed to do so due to being poisoned so badly in the name of this cursed love.

His trembling hands reaching out towards another bottle of antidepressants depicted how helpless and weak he had became but no eye could see that pain lingering in his body slowly and gradually as all he was doing was pretending to be the least affected and the happiest person alive.

"Stop it brother, for God's sake stop it!"

Aman snatched the pills from Umar's hands and threw them out of the window.

"Stop eating them, they are terribly destroying your health!"

He shouted on his elder brother, watching his vulnerable state with a sympathetic heart.

"She never deserved you Umar bhayi, never! Don't waste yourself for her. If you really love her, be happy while watching her happiness. That's what love is. Sacrificing your peace for the peace of the one you love!"

"I'm happy Aman. I'm very much happy. It's just that I can't sleep without them. There's so much noise outside I need those pills to calm myself. Please give it back to me"

He smiled while his red swollen eyes dwelled up with unwanted tears.

"Ap mar jao gey isy khaty khaty or jis ki waja sey maro gey us bewafa ko ap k marny ki khabar pr dukh tak nae hoga!"

(You will die eating these pills and that unfaithful woman you will die for would not even grieve upon the news of your death!")

Aman angrily threw the whole bottle of antidepressants out of the window and sat beside the collapsed soul.