3. The Eid's Crescent

~Third Person's POV~

Decorated scrumptiously with myriad of mouth watering delicacies, the huge royal dining table scintillated perfectly amidst the flawlessly organized dining room.

As the ivory-purple colored drapes covering the large frosty windows of the lounge danced along the silent cool breezes of Lahore, everyone prepared themselves to gather in the dining room where a grand Iftar-dinner was fantastically organized by extremely talented and super conscious Mrs. Behroze, just like every year.

Everything was exactly the same as the previous iftar parties, except for the number of people.

They were twice more than the last time!

Which meant greater anxiety for the one who was trying her best to hide her nervousness while sitting between this huge army of relatives!

The steaming hot mouthwatering Biryani, fettuccine Alfredo, sea foods consisting of prawns, finger fish and perfectly roasted salmon, aesthetically pleasing sweets including Rasmalayi Gulaab Jamuns and Lab-e-Shireen, and several more heart warming cuisines were being placed one by one by the servants on the table, thus making her already unbearable hunger accelerate even more.

"Azaan kab hogi Vaneeza? "

(When will be the Adhaan called out, Vaneeza?)

Haya whispered in her sister's ear with desparation.

"Few more minutes of Sabr, my dear!"

Vaneeza gave her an angelic smile as she huffed with disappointment while that insane aroma continued to test her patience mercilessly.

"Ahh! Finally after nine years, we are going to relish this amazing iftar dinner which is prepared by my MasterChef mother! Alhumdulillah."

Mr. Asfandyar joined them all with excitement along with his family while rubbing his hands playfully.

"No doubt. No one can cook better than Ami.!"

Mr.Ahmer added, while praising the food prepared by his mother after hours of struggle and hard work.

By the time just a few seconds were left for the Adhaan, everyone had arrived at the dining table in order to break their fasts.

She prepared herself to raise her beautiful creamy hands in front of the Almighty Allah and ask for everything she had ever wished for, as the time just before the sun begins to set was considered as the perfect time for the fulfillment of all the heartiest prayers.

"Who is he?"

Busy in asking her Dearest Allah for whatever she could, she failed to notice that a familiar face, which she had not seen last night while meeting everyone, was secretly staring at her, until Haya made her realise it.