15. Enmity 🔥

~Third Person's POV

Encircling the tall pillars of the mansion, long beautiful bales of marigold added beautyto the already gorgeous afternoon filled with resplendence and happiness.

Ladies were winding up their unfinished chres while the teenagers and kids were busy singing and dancing on the beats of the drum whereas the men of Khan mansion could be easily seen shouting on the lazy workers in order to decorate the garden for the Rasm-e-Henna of Vaneeza and Shehryar.

Dressed in a beautiful shade of light green, Vaneeza dazzled flawlessly and attracted each and every eye around her. She was giggling as her female cousins teased her for looking so beautiful and how Shehryar's gonna react when he sees her.

One by one, all the female guests came and applied ubtan on Vaneeza's already glowing pinkish face and creamy white arms.

She was being blessed with lots of prayers and thousands of gifts by all the guests. These were perhaps the happiest days of her life.

"Can I apply that too?"

Came Shehryar's voice from behind while the ladies glared at him angrily.

"Have you gone mad? Leave right now and stop stalking your bride to be like a weirdo!"

Kinza scolded her brother as she twisted his ears.

"Ouch, but that's so unfair. Why can't I see her? She's gonna be my wife in 3 days!"

Shehryar complained again.

"Remember what Dadi said yesterday? You can't see the bride before your Nikah!"

Replied Alyna, very strictly.

"Okay then, I'll find my own ways!"

He winked at Vaneeza and left shamelessly.

All the cousins gathered around the bride and tortured her ridiculously by applying the yellow colored paste all over her face, arms and feet leaving not an inch of her skin spare.

"Let your time come. Will definitely take revenge from you all!"

Complained Vaneeza as she dabbed a tissue paper near her long beautiful eye lashes in order to avoid letting the paste enter her eyes.

"Beta, where is Umar? Why is he always away from these functions? Ask him to come outside in the garden and to leave his bedroom for God's sake!"

Mr.Khan expressed his curiosity and anger filled emotions infront of his grandchildren as the absence of his eldest grand child in all the important functions infuriated him a lot.

"Baba, he's actually not feeling well these days. Maybe the climate is not suiting his health that's why he's taking medicines and rest."

Umar's mother replied to his grandfather as she looked at Aman with a questioning gaze.

"Kids these days are very sensitive. He might have become allergic to the climate of Pakistan after living in the UK for a decade!"

Added Mrs.Khan, in order to calm her husband down.

"Why can't you bring him downstairs with yourself?"

Umar's mother asked Aman angrily, almost whispering.

"He says all this noise and chaos irritates him!"

Replied Aman.

"Ask him to come downstairs instantly otherwise his father is going to be very angry tonight!"