5. The Secret Plan

~ ᴠ ᴀ ɴ ᴇ ᴇ ᴢ ᴀ ~

~ ᴠ ᴀ ɴ ᴇ ᴇ ᴢ ᴀ ~

Emanating the magical hues of resplendence and marking the beginning of the celebration of one of the most beautiful festivals, the Khan's Mansion was determined to mesmerise every single eye due to its flawlessly sparkling decorations which were welcoming the aura of the delightful morning of the first day of Eid, in an extremely heartwarming way.

Tiny flames on the aesthetically pleasing purple colored scented candles continued to flicker thus spreading a heavenly aroma of refreshing lavender and creating a lovely and tranquil atmosphere all across the magnificent mansion.

It was around 8 a.m by the time all the men of the mansion had left for the nearby Mosque in order to offer their Eid prayers while the highly energised women were busy preparing variety of mouthwatering desserts like kheer, Besan k Laddoos and Sheer Khurma..!

The insanely scrumtious aroma of these heavenly delicacies had already started to escape the kitchen and scatter throughout the mansion, making the rest of the sleepy heads, who were neither in the kitchen, nor in the Mosque, immediately wake up way before their alarms could chime loudly in their dreams, only to get silenced at the end!

"HOLY CRAP!"

Haya shouted with shock as she watched me lying on the bed like the sleeping beauty.

"Vani! Get up .... It's 8 a.m already! For God's sake get up... you have been sleeping like an animal which has gone on hibernation! What would be granny thinking about us you silly? Get up Get up Get up! It's EID today!"

She continued to shake me as if I were a bottle of juice filled with one hundred and thirty three ice cubes and loads of undissolved sugar!

"For God's sake Haya! Let me sleep peacefully and get lost this instant!"

I sluggishly picked up a cushion which was once resting beside me and threw it right at her face.

"Vaneeza you have to curl my hair, straighten your own and get ready too... which is I am sure going to take a century! Get up or else......"

And before she could complete her sentence, another cushion came towards her face even more wildly.

"Ouch....! Vaneeza!"

Haya glared at me as she rubbed her forehead with anger.

"Get up already! Granny wants both of us at the dining table within half an hour!"

She announced very much authoritatively.

"Half an hour?"

I jolted upon hearing the most unjust statement in this world.

How can a girl get ready within half an hour, and that too, on the day of Eid?

How unfair!