Meeting With The Council (Part II)

After much convincing, the current time Obi-Wan Kenobi managed to gather the Jedi Council for a meeting. None of the Council members knew what this meeting was about because, as Obi-Wan put it, "it was better to see for themselves".

🟋 🟋 🟋

The eleven remaining Jedi Masters sat in the Council chambers, either joining this 'very important meeting' in person or through hologram. Outside of the chambers the nine time-travelers and the three current day Jedi anxiously waited to be let in and get the chance to speak. After all it would be a miracle if even a few of the Council members bought their story.

"You may enter"

They did just that. If it was not for their nerves the group of twelve might have burst out in hysterics at the looks on the Jedi Master's faces. "Explanation deserve we do" the small green Grand Master said, as he was the only one who seemed to be able to speak at this point.

"Ah, yes, of course," The current day Obi-Wan stepped forward about a half step to address the Council. "No more than a few hours ago, Anakin, Ahsoka, and I stumbled across this mysterious group of people. Not long before this I noticed a slight disturbance in the force, but I couldn't quite place where it came from, or what it centered around. I'm sure you all felt this as well," The elven other Council members gave a slight nod in acceptance because, yes, they too felt this disturbance. The younger Obi-Wan continued, "When the three of us came across them I was perplexed to find two other men that looked extremely like Anakin and myself. I came to learn that it is because they are Anakin and I."

The shock was apparent all over the Jedi Master's expression, even Master Yoda seemed surprised at this discovery. "What Master Obi-Wan is trying to say is that these nine," the current day Anakin gestured towards the time-travelers, "Are from different points in the galaxy's future".

This was that last thing the council expected when they were called to an emergency meeting, and though they couldn't sense anything off about these supposed time-travelers one could never be too careful. Master Windu interjected "How can you be certain of this?"

How could they be certain of this? How could they be certain of this? They were certain because they knew about their attachments and romance lives, but it's not like Obi-Wan and Anakin could admit that to the Council. The young Ahsoka seemed to pick up on their distress because she answered for them, "They knew about certain assignments and missions that have been discussed, but never acted on. They also seemed to know information about Master Kenobi, Master Skywalker, and myself that you can't just look up on the holonet, or even in the Jedi archives."

That answer seemed acceptable to the Council, but Master Yoda was still curious, "Introduce yourselves you must then, hmm." "Of course Master Yoda, I am Obi-Wan Kenobi from the future, as mentioned earlier." The Jedi Council nodded once more in acknowledgement of the older version of the Jedi Master. "As also talked about earlier, I'm Anakin Skywalker, but my guess is you knew that already." The Council nodded again, but this time in the slightest bit of annoyance and worry, because now there were two Anakin Skywalkers and just one was enough for a lifetime. The Older Ahsoka then stepped forward to address the Jedi Masters, "I'm Ahsoka Tano from around 18 years in the future." "You grew up well, I see young Soka," Master Plo responded as he acknowledged the now grown Togruta.

"Hello Masters, I'm Caleb Dume." Master Billaba looked surprised to see her Padawan as one of the time-travelers but she was relieved to see that he grew into a nice man. It was weird for Kanan to introduce himself using his real name again, after all he couldn't even remember when the last time he did that was, but he felt that it was best to go with the name the masters would recognize to avoid any confusion for the time being.

Ezra and Ben gave their introductions with no problem, for their families wouldn't be recognizable by the council. However when it came time for the final three to introduce themselves, well, the tension between the time-travelers did not go unnoticed by the current time Jedi.

A/N: Thank You for reading! I'm really sorry that I haven't updated in what feels like a thousand years. The truth is my depression has been really bad lately, that on top of writer's block and now the beginning of finals my life has been kind of a train wreck. But we're getting there, and I plan to start updating more regularly from now on. Thank you all SO SO MUCH for all the support, I don't think you guys understand what it means to me! Also if you have it, follow me on ReedsyPrompts, https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/rey-malarski/ (I haven't posted anything yet, but will get there). May The Force Be With You! :) 

Rey

- Rey