A Kid?!

"See I always knew there was something going on between the two of you, but I mean it wasn't confirmed until you kissed, but seriously now all your lectures on attachments seem a bit hypocritical don't you think. Not to mention having a kid. A KID!" Ezra was rambling at this point, it was no secret between the Ghost crew, and maybe all of Phoenix squadron that Hera and Kanan had feelings for one another but no one would have thought about it being serious enough for them to have a kid out of it.

Before this got to a point of no return, with Ahsoka was sure that it would reach at this rate, she interrupted Kanan before he could plead his case. "I think that we can all agree that none of us here were the best at the whole 'no attachments' thing, lets just ignore the whole hypocritical aspect of it shall we." Everyone was fine with this, except for Luke who just had to speak up, "Speak for yourselves, but the whole 'romantic attachments' thing was never an issue for me." Leia had never heard a bigger load of poodoo, so she faked a coughing fit, and in between coughs she slipped "Mara" in. "Okay, point taken." Luke thought that Leia would have forgotten about that small incident that took place, but alas, he was wrong.

"I don't know what went on in the future, but right now I would very much like to know how Kanan has a kid." Ezra had one question on his mind at the moment and didn't fail to express that, but what he missed in his eagerness was the sideways glances that Rey and Ben were giving each other.

"I don't know! Do you really think if I knew Hera was pregnant that I would have still sacrificed myself?!" Kanan was a bit annoyed with his Padwan at the moment, how he was supposed to know he was going to be a father, especially that early along. "You're right. Sorry Master." "You're forgiven. I will admit this is new information to me as well."

"As much as I enjoy the fact that the two of you have come to an understanding, I am curious on why you two keep silently communicating." Obi-Wan directed the attention back onto the Dyad, who were still not really in the mood for it, but then again no one else here was either.

"Nothing really. We just found Ezra's reaction to Jacen's existence funny." Rey explained. Ben after seeing everyone's faces decided to clarify "Jacen Syndulla, Kanan's son." This resulted in a chorus of "Ohhhh's" from the group.

"Why would my reaction be funnier than Kanan's, it is his kid after all." Ezra had a feeling that he was missing something, which turned out to be true. "Because Ezra's going to have a kid too." Leia put the dots together, but left out a key piece of information. "WHAT! There is no way I could be a father." Ezra looked like his head was about to explode, but then Anakin added to his previous statement, "Join the club kid."

"Okay, okay. Here's a random question though, what's their name?" Ezra was now more excited, he was going to be a dad at some point, and there was one thing he knew, he would never leave his child like his parents did to him. Rey smiled at Ezra's enthusiasm and answered "Mira." "I named her after my Mother! That sounds like something I would do." Ezra loved learning about his future daughter but then another thing occurred to him, "Wait, who's her Mother?"

Rey and Ben gave each other a look of panic, while everyone else just facepalmed. Was Ezra really that oblivious, even Obi-Wan and Anakin figured it out at this point. "What?! It's a ligament question!" Leia responds to Ezra with "But an unnecessary one." Ahsoka chipped in at this point, "Who in their right mind would look for someone for six years, not to mention drag someone else, in this case me, with them." Ezra answered this like it was the stupidest question in the world, "Sabine." This caused everyone to just stare more intensely at Ezra, and Ahsoka decided to help move the process along. "Think about it," Ezra's jaw dropped wide open, and everyone else responded with a simultaneous "There you go."

A/N: Thanks for Reading! Hope you all like this chapter! The main plot of the story will really start next chapter, so stay tuned! May The Force Be With You! :)

Rey

- Rey