Breakfast By The Pool

Tian's house, Bangkok.

Mr Teerayut walked towards the gazebo near the pool in a slow and relaxed manner. The cool blue lines reflected the inner ceiling of the gazebo on a bright Saturday morning.    Mr Teerayut never missed breakfast with his family unless he was out of town for work. 

Tiny wrinkles appeared beside his eyes as he saw his wife seated with closed eyes,  her head rested on the edge of her palm. She stirred in her seat and blinked her eyes at Mr Teerayut who sat across her.

"Khun,  where were you? The breakfast is turning cold."

"The agent called. She wants us to come and look at that place near Siam Paragon ( One of the largest malls in Thailand, it's a huge mall. Hope to visit it someday!)

"Ahh" Mrs Lalitha sounded disinterested and that sigh barely escaped her lips. "I thought Tian would be coming with us to look at the place." She whispered under her breath. 

"Let me serve you before the food gets cold. I asked you to go ahead and eat Lalita." Mr Teerayut served her toast and eggs on his wife's plate and grabbed the jug filled with orange juice to fill her glass.

"Dear, you're adding too much na."

"Uh uh, it's fine. It's healthy. You've been eating poorly these past days, keep this going you'll have to start taking vitamin pills from your doctor."

Her face deflated further upon her husband's words but she immediately straightened her posture. "Khop Khun krub, Khun"

He smiled at her in his usual pleasant manner. Mr Teerayut Sopasitsakun is now the permanent secretary of the Natural resource ministry who carried his duties with dignity and cherished his family with all his heart,  pampered the kids especially his youngest one, Tian. 

Since Tian was diagnosed with heart disease he's mind waddled in worry. He clearly remembers crashing down helplessly in his office chair when he was by himself, racking his brain to find ways to save his son. He needed to be strong for his wife, his son for his family, all that money all that influence didn't seem as much when the thought that he couldn't save his son on time crossed his mind. Strange, how fate worked that night when it took away the life of a young woman who became the last string of hope for his dying son. Moreover, Torfun was involved in an accident and it was Tian's car. Though he was glad that his troublesome son wasn't the one behind the wheel, it was still a life lost, 'she was someone's daughter' he acknowledged. He made sure to secretly arrange her funeral he couldn't help but shed tears when he learned that she was an orphan and her aunt wasn't a reasonable person either.  So he donated money from his own pocket to the foundation Torfun worked for to support such selfless volunteers, whether this is out of gratitude to guilt Mr Teeyarut couldn't decide. He just did and kept it wrapped under the rug and his wife was supportive of it. 

Mr Teeyarut knew that his curious son would not idly sit by after being inquisitive about his donor. What came as a surprise was Tian's decision to leave home and go to Pha Phun Dao as a volunteer teacher. Not only did his carefree and pampered son go to the distant village with bare amenities, but he also stayed there, endured the discomfort in his condition after a heart transplant and still stirred trouble like the trouble magnet he is. 

Mr Teeyarut was glad that he made the right decision to leave him under Chief Phupha's care so that he would be disciplined yet Tian somehow managed to drag Phupha into trouble with those smugglers and the forest rangers ended up catching those thugs.  His youngest he thought,  is such a handful stubborn boy when he sets his mind on something he doesn't easily give up, he wonders if it is because he is spoiled especially by his mother.