Going to the Market

Chief Phupha and Tian were browsing through the new stalls set up at the market closer to the city centre. A lot had changed within the span of two years, the number of stalls had increased, the market area expanded, Phupha told Tian that the business had been well and it had been beneficial for the villagers too, also the number of tourists gradually increased along with restaurants. Chief Phu told Tian that they can have lunch at one of the restaurants. It's been two weeks since Tian's arrival and he seemed to breeze through it easily. Right now he was gleefully browsing through a souvenir store looking at the wind chimes. Chief Phu stood within arms reach from Tian, agreeing and nodding his head with a pleasant smile sitting on his lips. He was in his casual clothes today, a blue polo shirt and white jeans with his regular heavy boots, Tian yelped and stole a quick kiss from him while accusing him of being so criminally handsome. Chief Phu could only shy away and quickly put on his stern face urging Tian to hurry up. 

Tian insisted they take a selfie before they leave and Chief Phupha gladly complied. 

Chief Phupha noticed that excited smile that never left Tian's lips. "It's a date!" He said. Charming his looks through that white sweatshirt and pink plump lips and those beautiful brown eyes, Huwhna Phu felt the need to keep a watch on anyone how'd look at him the wrong way. He felt possessive and hovered behind him like a knight everywhere Tian went and at the same time he made sure to give Tian his personal space. On the other hand, Tian was enjoying all the attention he was receiving from his Huwhna it just added to his natural blush giving his face a fluffy peach-pink shade.  

They were visiting the market and city centre for the day and probably look around before they returned to the village after buying essentials for Tian. Most important of all, Tian had to call his parents, he called them the first week he arrived using the satellite phone but it was a short call, he assured his father that he'd call the following week to have a proper talk. Seeing Tian happy and comfortable gave Phupha a feeling of warmth and belonging. He was happy with Tian by his side. He had been here at the market before with Tian and he had been here after he left. But the place felt different, it felt new and giddy. 

However, Huwhna Phupha was annoyed at this man who has been eyeing Tian for a while. He recognised that they weren't locals and are probably visiting the place with a group of people. The man tried talking to Tian when Chief Phupha was on the radio talking to Rang, after Tian pointed towards the market he immediately dismissed him and joined Phupha waiting by a craft store but now he's here again with his friend, it might be unintentional and  Phupha didn't want to jump to any conclusions. He's only being wary of him subconsciously. 

"Huwhna look at this windchime, it looks lovely, should we get this one?"

The store wasn't crowded and the shopkeeper was busy talking to another customer, then this strange man along with his friend came into the store, Chief Phupha shifted his body to Tian's side, wrapping his arm around Tian's waist, Tian was surprised but he didn't flinch, he was showing Phupha the wind chimes dangling in his hands unaware of the cold authoritative glare he was sending off in the direction of the stranger. They were smart enough to keep their calm, though they staggered in their steps and left the store even before approaching the section where Chief Phupha and Tian stood. His arm securely wrapped around Tian even after they left. He liked it, holding him like that but he withdrew his hand lazily.