Falling In Deep - II

The kids joined Nam, Tian and Phupha for lunch at the teacher's quarters following the game. The kids helped with the cooking, the kitchen was livelier than usual, it was booming with laughter and hunger-inducing aroma all around. The three adults and the fives kids spread out around the wooden table for a delicious lunch, courtesy of Tian and Chief Phupha. 

The kids scattered off after the lunch, praising and thanking them for the lunch while promising them to bring a delicacy from their homes for the next big lunch. They had completely forgotten about the bet after lunch. After seeing Dr Nam off in the evening, Chief and Tian took a private stroll around the village, had dinner at the base and returned to Tians place to retire for the night. 

Under the faint light of the lamp at the corner of the room, the two men lay under the mosquito net. Chief Phupha's mind was wrapped around the words Dr Nam whispered to him after tugging him away from Tian for a moment before leaving, he was going to leave the village and meet his wife for a three day trip to her mother's house.  "I'm happy for you brother. Look at you cooking with your boyfriend and living the domestic life! Hoooo, who would've thought that you'd be so smitten!" Dr Nam huffed before he pulled away and look at his best friend diligently. "You two look like a newlywed couple more than boyfriends! Hehehe, don't worry, I'll support your marriage."  Saying so, Dr Nam left his friend with an expressionless face but with worrying thoughts. Is Tian willing to marry him in the future?! What if he doesn't? What about Tian's parents? He won't be a Chief forever but will they accept? Where will Tian want to live? How do I keep Tian safe? How do I let him know that I love him and want him in my life, next to me.'

Chief Phupha was tucked softly next to Tian whose face was buried in the crook of the chief's neck purring quietly. Tian raised his head and propped it on his palm earning a raised eyebrow from Phupha who instantly missed the contact of Tian's lips on his neck.

"You've been quiet for a while, Huwhna. Tell me what's bothering you?" Tian cooed at this elder man who wasn't used to such sweetness, he adored Tian while he was adjusting his hair on the forehead with the other hand. Phupha's heart just melted away like butter under the warm smile he was basking in.

 "Tian do you know when you look at me intently and with such love, my brain goes feral and my heart melts miserably and I can't help but compliment how beautiful you are. Those eyes light up my hold world."  There was a slight tremor in his voice due to all the sincerity radiating from his eyes that tugged gently at Tian's heart, in a sweet prickly way. Chief Phu directed Tian's hand that was caressing his forehead to his lips, pressed a kiss on his knuckles, placed Tian's palm on his cheeks, and leaned into it. This gesture was turning to be one of Chief Phupha's favourite thing to do now. Chief Phupha stole another one of those daydream-inducing smiles from his Tian.

"Huwhna!" "Are you flirting with me?"

"What do you think?"

"Is there a need? I'm already yours?"

"Tian, I will take this chance to appreciate the people and things in my life I'm grateful for, especially you Tian. I, umm that night two years ago,"

Tian gently rubbed his thumb on Chief's cheeks to assure him that he's there with him patiently listening. 

"I've known what I was getting into when I took the job, the dangers, the stress but it never held me back from fulfilling my duties. It never felt like a sacrifice or a burden. I knew I was cared for in the village, I had Nam, my annoying sworn brother. I was content. But when you came falling into my arms," Chief looked at Tian's round brown doe eyes that never left his for a second. "You became a gateway for a whole new feeling." 'Selfishness, the feeling of want, the desires.'