Memory

"Levi! (Y/N)! To what do I owe the pleasure?" Hange said, welcoming the pair into her office first thing in the morning.

Levi felt awkward, so he was glad when (Y/N) jumped to speak for him. "Hange, we need to tell you something."

She pulled them into her office, slamming the door behind them.

"Don't tell me... you guys are pregnant?!"

They both jumped. Levi raised a hand to his face. "No. What the hell..."

(Y/N) waved her hands down, trying to ignore what was just said. "Listen, Hange. Something weird is going on and we gotta tell you. You're the only one who might be able to help us."

Suddenly her expression turned serious, and she nodded, taking a seat at her desk and motioning for her visitors to do the same.

Bit by bit, (Y/N) told the story that had started just a  week ago, about how they met on that busy street, how she believed he was born out of a fictional story, how they lived life for a few days, and then were transported to here. She made sure to emphasize the fact that neither one of them had any memories of being with each other before this week, though her track record here seemed to prove otherwise.

At some point during her spiel, Hange had removed her glasses and placed them on the desk in front of her. She only did something like that when she was overwhelmed.

(Y/N) took a long, deep breath after she was done.

"Wow.." Hange said, breathlessly. "That's... a lot."

"Do you believe me?"

Hange locked eyes with (Y/N). "Of course I do. I have been noticing the two of you acting strange recently. I thought something was going on between you, like you were having issues."

"Hange, do you know anything that could help us?"

She sighed. "I'm not really sure you can do anything about it, I'm afraid. It sounds like all of this just happened to you through no fault of your own. Though, this stuff is really interesting, I'm going to have to read up on it."

(Y/N) raised her eyebrows. "You aren't, say, put off at all by the possibility of multiple realities?"

Hange placed her glasses back on her face. "A great scientist never shies away in the face of new knowledge, my darling (Y/N)!"

"Hange." Levi mumbled, finally decided to contribute. "Can you tell me... what things were like before this week?"

"Oh, right, since you can't remember?"

Levi nodded his head begrudgingly. He hated having to rely on someone else like this, but he was also dying to know how the rest of the regiment saw him and (Y/N).

"Well, Let's see. Almost right after (Y/N) here joined your squad, the two of you started getting romantically involved. I knew right away because I'm your best friend." She added with a smirk. "But everyone else found out after a little while, because you guys weren't exactly discreet."

Both of their eyes widened, wondering what kinds of things they subjected everyone to.

Hange waved her hands in the air. "Nothing bad! It's just that you spent all of your time with each other. No one felt uncomfortable around you, I promise. But what was interesting is that this week, (Y/N), you started sleeping in your old dorm in the barracks. Or at least, that's where people saw you go at night. You used to always go to Levi's room, so that little detail, among others, was putting some people off, me included. I thought you must have had a fight."

(Y/N)'s face formed a slight blush. She had regularly gone to Levi's room each night shamelessly? She looked over to Levi, who seemed to be in a similar state.