News

Levi's eyes shot open to the dimly-lit room. He leaned up from his desk- having fallen asleep in his office chair. He could have complained about his stiff neck, the loud footsteps outside of his door, or the intense pain shooting up from his ankle, but the most distressing thing to him was that (Y/N) was not by his side.

He was back to his own reality, and he was not ecstatic about it.

He sat up, pulling himself out of the covers. He didn't bother to do anything but make sure he had clothes on before leaving his office, tracing a hand along the wall to steady himself as he limped down the hallway. Several soldiers noticed his dazed and unkempt state as they passed him in the hall, but they were all too terrified of him to say anything. He ignored them. He would have been running if his ankle wasn't keeping him down.

His trek didn't stop until he was standing outside of (Y/N)'s dorm, only knocking twice before he barreled inside.

"(Y/N)!" He called, not caring if other soldiers heard him.

She was on the floor, laying on top of splayed-out paperwork. His paperwork. There was a feathered pen in her hand and a burnt-down candle on the floor. There were also a few ink spots on her arm where she must have accidentally drawn on herself in her sleep.

He lifted a hand to his face, remembering how the last time they were here, he had screamed at her to get out of his office, and on her way she had taken his paperwork. He looked down.

It was all filled out, all completed. He was nasty towards her and she still took it upon herself to do his work for him. And she fell asleep doing it on the floor, no less.

He started to gather the papers and stack them neatly on her bedside table, then he carefully took her into his arms, gently laying her on her bed. He sat on the side and hovered over her as her face scrunched up.

He knew they had already made up about everything that had happened, but he started to feel guilty all over again.

Her eyes opened slowly, and she smiled at the man leaning over her. He placed his hand on her cheek.

"Good morning." She said. He leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"You did my work for me." He said.

She blinked a few times, trying to remember what he was talking about.

"Oh, yeah. I wanted you to rest and not have to worry about it."

He looked down. "I didn't deserve that."

She sat up and stretched her arms out. "You didn't deserve being lied to either, and we talked about this already, so don't feel bad about it, okay?"

"Okay."

(Y/N) sighed and lifted her hands to his head to smooth out his hair. "Today we head into Stohess. But both of us are out of commission. Last night, I told Hange I would fight, but she ordered me to stand down. She was the only one there who saw me get injured, so I have to trust her judgement. I can't operate ODM gear with my wrist like this, anyway. And your leg..."

"I know. You and I healed up nicely back at your place, huh? Guess we go back to square one now."

"Hey... speaking of that, you shouldn't have come all the way over here by yourself, you know. Did you walk on that ankle?"

"Tch. I don't care about my ankle. I needed to come here to see if you were alright." He scoffed.

"Listen, Levi. I'm glad you care about me, but you should have just waited. I'm not going anywhere. And you are arguably the most valuable asset to the Scouts- you need to make sure you're not damaging yourself further. I won't have it. So please, let yourself heal."