Forward

Levi woke up in (Y/N)'s bed.

....In a new atmosphere.

One he hadn't seen in months.

He was back in her reality.

The delicious aroma of cooked bacon tempted his senses.

Memories came flooding back of the previous night.

Kenny...

He had watched the man who raised him die right in front of him. He hadn't seen his fiancé for at least a few weeks before that.

She didn't know anything about what had just happened to him.

He quickly got up and pushed the door open, meeting (Y/N)'s surprised face.

"Good morning, Levi." She offered him a smile that could rival the sun in its brilliance.

His hands found hers. "So much... there's so much I need to tell you." He stammered.

"Eat first. Then we can talk."

~

"So, he was your uncle." She said, a finger raised to her chin. "How do you feel about that?"

"Tch. It's not like that bit of information changed his personality or anything." Levi scoffed. "I suppose it makes sense, though, why he felt the need to look after me for a little while. Some shitty excuse he had for leaving, though."

She reached her hand out to him. "I'm sorry, Levi."

He placed his hand in hers. "It's not your fault."

He stood up from the table, stretching his arms out. "We still need to tell Hange about the returning memories."

"You're right, but about that...." (Y/N) said, getting up to stand in front of him. "Clearly there's something else missing. In this reality, you were a pilot, but you don't remember any of that. And I don't remember the news stories or anything. We both have things missing from our memories, just like we did over in your reality. So what I'm wondering is...."

"If we do the same thing we did over there, we'd remember?"

"Essentially, yeah."

"Let's go get a ring, then." He picked up his wallet and shoved it in his pocket.

(Y/N)'s cheeks flushed. She has no reason to be flustered- after all, technically they're already engaged. All this reality jumping gets confusing. For some reason it felt different to her in this context- she'd have to tell her parents, her friends, everyone. It might seem a bit forward to everyone else if they were to get engaged right now. Technically in this reality, they've only known each other a little while.

Her parents.

They were gone in the other reality. (Y/N) was so distracted by everything that she forgot to even call them.

"Wait." She said to Levi as he was putting on his shoes. She looked at her phone for the first time today and saw it- dozens of missed calls and texts from family members and friends. Her eyes widened, and her breath shortened. She feared the worst, but she wasn't as emotional about it as one would have expected. After all, she already grieved her parents in the other reality.

Levi stepped towards her and looked at her screen. "What is it...?"

(Y/N) spoke quietly. "My parents."

He placed a hand on her shoulder as she navigated to her most recent voicemail. It was from one of her closest friends, Ella.

"Hey, (Y/N), I'm so sorry to hear about your parents. I know you were close with them. Please let me know you if you need anything... I hope you're doing okay. Call me back if you want to talk. I just want you to know I'm here for you."