Heal

Levi awoke before he opened his eyes. He could tell right away that he was not where he fell asleep- he was not in his office chair.

Slowly, he opened his eyes. He was laying in (Y/N)'s bed. Her real bed, in her own reality.

He had jumped again.

He let his eyes wander slightly to the left.

There was a disheveled (Y/N), perched on a chair, hugging her bare legs to her chest. Her face was hidden in her knees, and he swore he could hear a gentle sob coming from her.

Her hair was a mess, and on her shoulders was draped the giant T-shirt that she had lent to Levi a month ago the last time they were here.

Seeing her in that state broke his heart. All the anger he had been harboring fell away, replaced by the need to comfort her.

He reached his hand toward her, still a little weak from the trip, he assumed.

"(Y/N)..." He choked out, his voice raspy. How long was he asleep for?

The woman's head lifted immediately, and she was on her feet in a second.

"Levi! You're awake! Thank goodness, I thought you were-" She stepped towards him, but stopped herself. "I... I'm glad you're okay."

"(Y/N)..." He said again, his voice a little clearer.

She ripped her eyes away from him. "I know you're still mad at me, so I'll just be over there-"

Before she could turn to walk away, he had sat up and grabbed her by the un-sprained wrist.

"Don't go." He pleaded. "Please."

Without a word, she slowly sat on the edge of the bed, his hand still connected to her arm.

"(Y/N), I..."

"You don't need to say anything, Levi. It's plain and simple. I lied to you, and you're right to hate me for it. I mislead you. At the time I thought it was harmless- a little white lie. But maybe, if I just hadn't said anything at all, they wouldn't have..."

"Stop." Levi said, tightening his grip on her arm. "You can't blame yourself for that. It was going to happen regardless of whether or not you or I knew."

"But I... you've been mad at me this whole time, d-don't you think it's my fault that they're dead?"

His heart dropped. Is that what she thought he was mad about? Had he been giving off the impression that he blamed his squad's deaths on her? He couldn't believe it.

"No, of course I don't, (Y/N), I... I was only mad because you lied about it. I never blamed you." He let his hand drop. "I'm sorry for making you think that. I'm an idiot."

"You're not an idiot. I'm the one who lied."

"I forgive you." He said. (Y/N) looked at him.

"You do?"

"Yes."

He lifted his hand to brush her fingers. That became him tugging on her hand, and reaching his neck up as she leaned down to meet him halfway- their lips connecting in the process.

This kiss was an apology from both sides. They both did something they regretted, and this was to show the other they wanted to make up for it.

Levi felt weak for some reason. (Y/N) took charge, but pulled away after noticing that his thoughts dwelled elsewhere.

"What's wrong?" She asked, holding his face in her hands.

"How long was I asleep for?"

Her eyebrows flinches a bit.