End Alternate

They were in the strange realm again. Ymir stood in front of the two. She looked concerned.

She opened her mouth. "My time is about to run out. I've decided to spare you one last courtesy."

(Y/N) looked at Levi. His injuries were gone- he looked completely healed. Even he was astonished by that fact.

She turned her attention back to Ymir. "What is it?"

"With the last of my power, you may choose to decide which reality you want to live in again. You cannot travel between both, because my power will be gone. You have a limited time to choose."

They looked each each other.

They had spent so much time together in the world of titans, but there was still so much to explore where (Y/N) called home. They would have liked an eternity to decide, but they knew they had to choose.

It was like they could read each others' minds.

They locked eyes and nodded.

"We'll go back to (Y/N)'s reality." Levi said, slipping his hand into hers. "There's a lot to do over there, and our job is done here. I've done all I can do."

(Y/N) nodded and smiled at him, letting a single tear drop from her eye. They would be leaving their friends behind, but looking ahead to a new start at life.

~

There was a blinding white light, and then the familiar scene unfolded in front of her- the bustling city of Chicago, smack in the middle of Millennium park. A small crowd had gathered around her collapsed form, and she looked around at the faces. 

"Are you alright, miss?" A young woman helped her to her feet. "You just fell down a minute ago."

She blinked.  Only a minute had passed in this reality. (Y/N)'s head shot to the ground beside her, where a man with black hair was rubbing his head, refusing the outstretched arms in front of him. 

"Levi."

He looked up at her. His eyes filled with warmth. With no care for the fact that they were in public, he scrambled to his feet and enveloped her in an embrace. Placing his hand on the back of her head, he whispered into her ear words of love and relief. 

"It's all over..." She said to him. The crowd had dissipated at this point, deciding that this random couple were just out of their minds. Little did they know, this couple had just spent almost five years at war in another reality.

~

"Levi! Are you ready to go?" She called through the apartment, hauling two suitcases behind her. Of course, her husband, Levi, was dusting the bookshelves. "Are you seriously cleaning right now? We gotta go!"

He sighed. "Excuse me for not wanting to leave our apartment in a filthy mess for two weeks."

She dropped the cases and went to him, snatching the duster out of his hand. She pulled him close to her and placed a kiss on his neck, causing his brain to malfunction for a second, while she whirled away and hid the duster.

"That's not fair." He said. 

"All's fair in love and war, my dear." She remarked. 

The two of them were about to take a two-week trip to explore all over Europe. Their vacation would conclude in Paris, the city of love- which was very appropriate for this couple, one of the most loving ones that had ever existed.

There was fewer a more perfect pairing than Levi and (Y/N). All their friends and comrades would agree. 

They'd continue to live life to the fullest, together. 

~

The end.

~