Sleeping And Serotonin

(Y/N POV)

As we arrived at Hogwarts Lily and I made our way off the train and through the evergreen forest until we reached the horseless carriages. Well that's what everyone else thought. I was able to see them, after my mother had performed a risky spell when I was four years old. though some could see them, they were usually afraid since the creatures called thestrals looked a little different.

I shook the thought off as Lily and I climbed up into the carriage and took our seats. PLOP. I turned to see none other than the marauders taking their seats.

I rolled my eyes as Lily sighed, while James took the opportunity to close in on Lily. "So my dear Lilyflow-" "don't call me that". She stated flatly with a small pink creeping up her neck.

The rest of us stifled a laugh as the carriage set in motion with Sirius and Remus on either side of me and Peter on Lily's other side.

After James gave up his attempts to make conversation with Lily, he turned to talk to Sirius while Remus had his head stuck in his book. I looked to him, "Hey, just so you know I didn't mean what I said earlier in a rude way. I actually quite like Little woman". I said in an apologetic tone. "Oh, no no it's fine I know you didn't mean it like that". He smiled sweetly. "I think it's great". He stated. I just smiled back at him but looked away as I felt red creeping up my neck.

(Remus POV)

She smiled and looked up at the gigantic passing evergreens above that lined the carriage path to the nearing castle in the distance. I was glad to be back and sure as hell was looking forward to the start of term feast.

As the carriage pulled up to the castle we all hopped off and starting swiftly making our way up the stairs and towards the entrance hall. Lily and y/n were in front of us walking and laughing as we made our way into the great hall for the feast and sorting ceremony.

I couldn't help but glance over the top of my book to where she was sitting laughing next to Lily and Peter across the table since James insisted on sitting next to a very unamused Lily during the feast. Sirius must have noticed this since he looked over at me and gave a suggestive wink as I rolled my eyes and buried my head back into my book.

(Y/N POV)

I looked to the entrance of the great hall as professor Mcgonagall led the first years to the stool with the sorting hat resting upon it. She flourished her wand and the hat starting singing its song.

Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin,
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means,
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

The hall erupted into cheers and claps as the hat finished and first years began to be sorted. I zoned out as every so often cheers and clapping erupted from each houses table I joined in a few times not really paying attention but longing for the feast to begin.