Tests And Troubles

(Y/N POV)

I was walking frantically to transfiguration with James trying to keep up behind me. We had a practice test for our upcoming owls and we were about to be late.

"Can you please just slow down!" James' voice echoed through the halls.

"I'm still mad at you by the way". I said as I held my head up higher starting to walk even faster.

"Y/n wait, just wait please". He caught up to me and stood in my path, stoping me. I gave him a pitiful look.

"I know your mad. I'm sorry". He sighed.

"It's not me you should be apologizing too". I looked at him sternly.

"I know, I know, but please just- hear me out okay. Your one of my best friends". He said with genuine sadness. "I just want you to forgive me".

"It's not me who should be forgiving you Potter".

"Potter? Come on y/n it's not like we're strangers again". His face fell.

"I'll......... Ill apologize to snivel- I mean Severus". He finally said.

My hard gaze softened at his newfound maturity. "Ok then". I couldn't help but have my mouth break into a small smile.

"OH THANK GOD!" He said as he gave me a massive bear hug that was suffocating me.

"James- please let go". I laughed.

"Ok ok". He said loosening his grip, before we both walked the rest of the way to class.

Once through the door we immediately took our seats and the test was passed out by McGonagal.

James and I were sat next to each other at a small table near the back of the class.

I went through most of the questions quite quickly and was almost done the test with time to spare, but James on the other hand............

Well he had his difficulties.

"Y/n". He whispered, but I was too focused to respond. "Y/nnnnnnnn".

"Shh" I snarked.

"I need a quill". He whined.

"I don't have one". I Replied not taking my eyes off of the paper.

"Then I need a pencil".

"We only have fifteen minutes left?" I reprimanded.

"Then I need the answers?"

I sighed. "Fine, there's a pencil in my bag".

"I can't go through your bag?" He urged.

"Yes, you can?"

"My mother told me to never go through a lady's bag".

"Oh my god". I threw my quill at him after I finished the last question.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After transfiguration I stayed behind for a few minutes to finish up some extra credit work. James and the rest of the class had already left for their next classes.

I soon packed up my things but was confused by the voices coming from just outside the door. It was Dumbledore? And McGonagal?

"Albus, you have to bring this information to Cornelius".

"He is well aware of the situation".

"But he doesn't want to accept that this is happening!"

"Minerva, I promise you there is nothing to worry about. I have got the situation under control".