A Moon And A Mess

(Y/N POV)

It was just after classes, on a cold November afternoon. Frost had begun to form, while the air now felt thin and icy.

Tonight was a full moon. The past few days Remus had been off. I'd expected it, though I felt bad for him.

Remus and I were walking through the corridors trying to get back to the library to check out the passage. We also had the lingering thoughts of how the hell we were going to get the map back, since the guys starting asking questions and there weren't many excuses left.

We walked through the door to the library when I bumped into someone.

"Oh, hey y/n". Regulus spoke as I steadied myself.

"Hey". I said trying to be casual, even though I might have been enjoying Remus biting the inside of his cheek with a bit of jealousy.

"Can we talk?" Regulus asked glancing around the room.

"Yea". I said. "I'll be back in a sec". I called to Remus.

We were behind a secluded shelve of books. I was waiting for him to be pissed or angry, but he wasn't.

"What happened?" He asked as I sighed.

"I was hurt that night, and very drunk. I liked you as a friend but I wasn't in the right headspace. It was wrong of me to use you like that". I explained, while he only nodded his head, a small smile tugging on his lips.

"How about we go back to being friendly rivals?" He suggested.

I smiled intently. "Yea, then I won't feel bad about destroying you Slytherins on the quidditch pitch".

"Good to have you back y/n". He laughed.

"You too Reg".

Regulus had left the library not long after we had spoken. I found Remus hovering the shelf where the passage should be.

I made sure no one was around before speaking. The library was near deserted, other than madame Pince on the other side of the room shelving books.

"Do you remember which one it was?" I asked while he scanned the row of books.

"I think it's this one". He said as he pulled a blue and gold book out of the wall. I heard the familiar click as we silently cheered.

The passage opened up yet again, I was glad it was quiet so it didn't attract any attention. I double checked our surroundings before lighting the tip of my wand.

"Lumos". The entrance lit up showing solid stone as far as you could see.

"Any clue to where this could go?" I questioned one last time.

"Nope". He replied as we both stepped into the passage.

The shelf automatically slid shut behind us. Only an old lever meant to reopen the entrance on the side of the wall. Remus lit his wand as well. The darkness beyond our lights seemingly never ending. That's when we began to walk.

(Remus POV)

The passage was small, like most the guys and I had already found. We had scoured the castle throughout our years, finding hideaways and passages like this one.

Y/n's face was lit in the dim light. Her brows were furrowed as she examined the walls while we walked along. Who knew how long the passage was. The one to honey dukes was about a 30 minute walk. I didn't know if this one left the grounds or lead somewhere else in the castle.

My question was answered when I bumped into y/n, there was a steep spiral staircase.

"It goes up?" She questioned.