Twisting Time

(Y/N POV)

"James?" It was barely a mumble.

The person didn't seem to interact as they spoke to another student I didn't recognize. The room was blurry and I felt trapped in a haze of slow disconnected voices and movement.

I could feel myself falling but there was nothing I could do to stop it.

My senses came back to me as I heard voices again this time clear, but my eyes were still dark. I could feel arms supporting me as I lay on the floor of presumably the common room.

The voices continued before I had opened my eyes. "Hey hey y/n can you hear me?"

"She's dead she's dead she's dead!" I could hear someone panicking.

"Shut up Sirius!" Lily unmistakably shouted.

My eyes fluttered open. Remus' stared back at me as he helped me sit up.

"I'm, i'm okay guys". I blinked as all of the marauders and Lily looked at me with concern. "I just got a bit light headed". I lied.

"It was like you were frozen, and then you just fell." Remus said as I stood to my feet again.

"Lucky Remus caught you". James swooned and I rolled my eyes.

"I think i'm just gonna go to bed". I sighed and Remus jumped in front of me.

"I'll take you up is there anything you need?" He abruptly offered.

"It's okay, Lily is coming with me anyway". I kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you".

I could hear the boys teasing Remus as Lily and I left the common room.

In our dorm I smiled upon entry. It was like i'd never left as my trunk had already been unpacked by the house elves, and my bed already turned down. Mary and Molly sat chatting with each other as I looked through my things for pyjamas.

I left to brush my teeth, and when I reached the mirror I stared at my reflection trying to recall the blackout. It was like time slipped. A vision maybe? I wasn't completely sure because I'd never had a damn vision before in my life. I shut my eyes releasing a breath. Why? was all I could think. Was there a reason? Significance? As I took off my robes I heard a clattering on the hardwood floor. My body felt stiff when I picked up none other than a shiny, old, antique looking locket. Thee, locket.

"No. No. Dumbledore said-". I whispered to myself. I held it close to examine.

A sudden bang on the door. "Y/n? Y/n are you alright? You've been in there a while". Lily's voice questioned as I jumped.

I quickly hid the locket in my pocket before opening the door.

"Fine Lily, Thanks". I opened the door and forced a smile stepping passed her.

"Oh well, okay then". I could hear concern in her voice as I walked away.

In bed I lay restless. The vision. The locket. I thought back to what i'd seen. The boy had looked so much like James. Glasses and messy hair? The room from what I could recall looked to be the common room. Frustration and confusion joined the restlessness.

I rolled over to my side eyes stuck open with thoughts. The snores of Molly made me Jealous. Only when I saw light leaking over the mountains outside a window, did my eyes finally close. Not for long though.

The loud screeching of Mollys enchanted alarm clock jolted me awake so fast that I ended up on the cold floor. I groaned as I stood walking towards my wardrobe to put on my robes. I pulled the locket out of my pocket discreetly clasping it around my neck.