Getting Wild With Whiskey

(Y/N POV)

After the quidditch game all of Gryffindor house was high in spirits. During dinner I was in the common room as the boys and I set up for the party later tonight.

"Someone has to go get the drinks". Peter stated as he strung decorations with his wand.

"Yea hold on i'm almost done". Sirius said as he threw confetti up into the air, though it just scattered on the floor flatly.

"Padfoot what are you.............doing". Remus asked confused, considering that's not what confetti was supposed to do.

"Decorating?" Sirius said happily as I looked to the rest of the boys.

"OK". I said with a small laugh.

"WHAT DID I DO?" He yelped.

"I- it's ok". James said patting him on the back as he then grabbed the cloak and map off of the couch, even though it wasn't past curfew we didn't want to be suspicious carrying bottles upon bottles of fire whiskey.

"Come on, before everyone else gets back". I urged as I shoved James, Peter and Sirius out of the portrait hole into the staircase, leaving Remus and I.

'Shit'.

The common room was deserted and quiet. I could feel Remus' gaze on me. I walked over to the couch and grabbed my book off the table. I opened the book and sat down, i'd have at least 20 minutes before the others would get back with drinks and food.

I felt a weight sit beside me and I looked over to see Remus looking at the pages.

"I like that one". He said as he made eye contact.

"Yea me too". I smiled awkwardly 'Jesus y/n' .

He just laughed and I started to as well while I stared into the fire. I felt that gaze of his yet again. I didn't need to see it but I just felt it. I looked to him abruptly and he whipped his head around trying to play it off. I couldn't tell if he was just red because of the fire or if it was something else.

I kept my gaze on him as he turned back to look at me. Warm light from the fire dancing across his face. The crackling fire the only noise keeping the room from being dead quiet.

I found myself leaning closer, our faces inches apart. His eyes drifted to my lips momentarily.

"Y/n I-"THE PARTY IS HERE!" Sirius yelled causing us both to jump apart quickly. The boys walked in with some other Gryffindors following behind happily. I stood up along with Remus as we both took a few bottles of fire whiskey from the boys hands.

After only 5 minutes the common room had flooded with students and music was blaring as people danced and started to drink.

Lily found me in the crowd, "Y/n a bunch of people are about to play one of my favourite muggle games". She smiled as she pulled me over to the couches that consisted of a few boys and girls, including James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter.

I sat down as I noticed an empty bottle of fire whiskey on the floor.

"You know the rules, spin the bottle and you kiss who ever it lands on". A Gryffindor boy explained.

The same boy then did the first spin, he landed on a blushing and flustered Mary. They both stood and shared a short kiss while some people cheered and clapped for them.