A Notorious Night

(F/C) = favourite colour

(Y/N POV)

The dorm was chaotic and excited, with the dance being just an hour away. I was excited as well, though my heart still felt a pang of hurt each time I remembered Remus.

Clothes and accessories were scattered around the room as everyone did their makeup and hair. I had Mary help me get into my beautiful (f/c) dress. Now that it was properly laced up it looked and felt even better than I remembered it to be.

"Y/n that dress is absolutely gorgeous". Marlene smiled as she began to do my makeup. I only smiled, wishing that I could just forget about him.

(If you have short hair just leave it how you like)

When makeup was done Lily did my hair, curling it and parting it to suit my features. It fell down my shoulders beautifully as Lily placed small flowers that matched the dress in my hair.

I looked in the mirror instantly smiling at my appearance. "Oh, guys it's beautiful". I thanked, before assisting them with their needs.

Everyone looked beautiful when we had all finished getting ready. I took a few deep breathes before the girls and I walked down the stairs and into the common room, there were only a few girls waiting for other friends as we walked through.

The girls had all broken off to their dates which left me alone at the top of the stairs to the entrance hall. I could see everyone below, the marauders and Regulus as well.

I began to walk down the stairs careful not to trip on my dress. I tried my best to look confident. I felt everyone staring as Regulus made eye contact with me, his eyes lighting up. I continued to walk, ignoring the others completely.

(Remus POV)

I could of sworn my jaw dropped, y/n looked as if she had walked out of a fairy tale. My eyes followed her down the stairs, where she joined Regulus with a smile on her face. I felt my mood drop, thinking how I could of been him.

"Remus? Remus what are you looking at?" Hannah questioned as I turned to look at her.

"Oh, um nothing". I said while plastering a smile on my face.

"Good". She smiled as she grabbed my arm and dragged me into the hall.

I was quite stunned at how the hall had transformed. There were large ice sculptures around the room, snow falling from the celling, holly's and flowers displayed as well. The Massive Christmas tree where the teachers table was, was the main attraction. Ornaments of all kinds strung along it. I could see where couples were painting their own, and then placing them on the tree together. There was a skylight in the ceiling of the hall, making the olive moon visible.

(Sirius POV)

I was genuinely angry. I was watching both Moony and y/n giving each other longing glances from across the hall, looking absolutely dreadful with their dates. The whole situation was absolutely ridiculous.

Prongs was for once in his life not screwing it up, Lily looked like she was having a good time with him.

Sitting down at the tables, everyone was ordering their food by merely saying the food they wanted.

After everyone had ate, many students flocked to the dance floor and were moving to the rhythm of the music.

I found both Prongs and Wormtail in the crowd and pulled them aside, they both had confused looks on their faces.

"This better be good pads". Prongs said as he straightened his tie.

"We've got a problem". I said bitting the inside of my cheek.