Sundown Of Summer

(Y/N POV)

It had been a great few weeks at the Potters. Though the two full moons had been rough and left us more drained than usual. It was the last day of summer I couldn't believe it had gone so fast. But Hogwarts looked more welcoming with each passing day of Remus' coldness towards me. God I missed Lily.

Being back at school would be good for me. It would take my mind off the stupid petty things I had been dealing with all summer.

Our Hogwarts letters had come just last week per usual, but there was an odd requirement for 5th years and up. Dress robes? What was that all about. I had sent a letter to Lily pondering whether it would be like the ball last year. She was unsure, but none the less we agreed we'd purchase new dresses if need be in Hogsmeade once we were back in school.

I had also received a letter from Regulus over the summer that I had hid from Sirius. It was nothing special but it was still bloody obvious the boy hadn't gotten over us yet. I enjoyed having another guy friend besides the hell raisers that were the marauders though.

It was 5pm and Euphemia was slaving away in the kitchen, I had offered help but she had refused. With nothing better to do I decided to get a head start on my packing so I left to the bedroom.

Seems I wasn't the only one. Remus stood folding a few of his large wool sweaters, even in summer he wore them all the time. He gave me a mere glance before returning to his packing. It had been like this ever since the night we argued in the kitchen. I hated it so much. This was not my Remus.

(Remus POV)

This was not my y/n. She stood awkwardly staring blankly at her clothes. Not her usual strong front. I cant help but feel responsible. All i've done is hurt her. Even if i'd acted cold, all I wanted was to hug her, make her feel whole again. No. I wanted her to make me feel whole again.

She started to collect her things and was organizing them neatly in her trunk. The silence was tense and about to snap.

"Hey". I sighed.

"Hello". She seemed cautious.

The conversation was stalled and awkward but I hadn't actually spoken to her in a month despite us living together.

"I-I just wanted to apologize". I stammered looking up from my things. Across the room her brows furrowed.

"Apologize?" She questioned me crossing her arms defensively.

"Look y/n, I know. I know i've been a massive dick all summer and I hate myself for being so shitty to you because all i've ever done is hurt you when you've always healed me. I kept pushing you away and the truth is I miss you. I should never of broken up with you it was the worst decision of my life and I knew it the second I did it. I'm an absolute idiot and i'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me i've done to much to deserve your forgiveness or friendship. I just can't believe that this is what we are now".

"Remus what are you saying". Her eyes were smoothly narrowed as she stared at me.

"I guess i'm saying I love you. After all the bullshit we've been through I love you. You are unlike anyone i've ever met, and I don't think I can live without you".

(Y/N POV)

I was in shock, but I knew exactly what he was saying. I had been thinking it since the night he broke up with me. But I didn't know if I could let myself get hurt again.

"Remus, I- I. Is this really true?" I searched his expression.

"Merlin y/n yes. I cant believe i've been such a bloody idiot. I just can't go on any longer like this. The glaring and petty abuse we've given each other. I know it's all my fault, but I just- I just". He looked like he'd given up.

"Remus I love you too. I do. But we're young and pretty fucking stupid. Both of us. It's not all your fault, i'm to blame as well. I miss you too". I could feel tears forming in the corners of my eyes. "Even if we are worlds apart your my best friend". A tear rolled down my cheek.

I sped across the room and we held each other tight. His grip around me was like the centre of gravity. Heavy and stable. I held his head as I wet his t-shirt with tears.

When we let go I could see his watery eyes too. "Remus. I want to be with you. Forever and always. But you have to let me in." I stroked his jaw line.

"I think you've always been in. In my heart, and my head. I was scared you would wake up someday and see how screwed up I am. Now I can see that it was stupid to try and keep y/n l/n out". He shook his head in a disbelieving way. "No more lies. No more secrets. I cant stay away from you anymore".

I felt my chest pulsating with my fast heartbeat. I loved him. Nothing could ever change that.

I pulled him in for a kiss I know he wouldn't initiate after everything he'd just told me. He sank into it. I felt relief as he held my face. I rested my hands on his chest. When we parted we were both smiling like idiots.

now for the real awkward part.

"What are we gonna tell everyone?"

A/N: Woohoo finally back together! 6th year at Hogwarts is coming up and I have some real ideas for some drama :). I know this chapter is a bit short, but really I apologize for taking so long to write again. I fell out of touch for a while but i'm back again and i'm inspired, thank you to everyone reading I really appreciate it, love to you all XOXO.