love letter

dear sanskritii,

perhaps i don't have enough experience in this world to exactly assume what love feels like. i've heard about it, read about, spoke about it, why, even wrote about it, though i knew i wasn't mature enough to handle it.

i was 14 when i started dreaming about what love is like. and i remember nights i'd go to sleep setting up scenes and stories in my head, playing it one after the other, either between my comfort characters, or me. and i didn't why i was doing that until recently i discovered, that, i was starved. i was so, incredibly, immensely, monumentally starved, starving for love.

and i was so young that i couldn't help but create unrealistic, highly romantic scenarios between me and someone else, and as i grew, the obsession of me to always make and write stories in my head, grew.

i was 15 when i got to experience something close to love, but wouldn't call love. it wasn't a crush even. it was simply this person, who lived on the other side of the state, whom i used to call everyday, only to talk about really random things. i was constantly warning myself not to get attached, because this person seemed to have a history of leaving people. and when i was on call with him, and i was able to hear this voice, that never ceases to make me smile, which to me, felt like a lantern in a snowy cave.

but now that we're back, and i know i'm older, i could still say i'm going through a lot of things. i won't name it, but let me tell ya, some are horrifying as hell, and the rest, are like those dreams i never dreamed after sleep because heaven knows, if they could come true, and i really hope.

we collect pieces of people as we go through our life. and these pieces come to use at the right place, when we finally find someone so that we could give pasted, full hearts to them, pour it in. and till then, the others, whoever might it be, contribute a piece of love to you.

and i guess i'm one such person lending my share of love to you, and i hope you hold it tight, hold it on, and then give to someone- don't forget that you're someone too.

love letters, they're indeed magical, and soul inspiring, to me.

love,

harini.